So I'm looking to hook my mp3 player up to a couple of old speakers. The kind where you need the two loose ends of the speaker wire plugged into the back to play. So I think i've found an amplifier that can make this work, but i'm just making sure.
So the amp I found has an "audio in" socket, just making sure that I can plug my mp3 player into that.
And the amps resistance is 4 ohms. Now this is where i'm not sure if it will work. I have two speakers, and each of them is 8 ohms, and each of them has a seperate wire into the amp. So my question is if the speakers can work with the amp. Thanks for the help.
just buy some new effin speakers.

otherwise, i donno.
MY RIG:

Gibson Explorer '73 reissue, Classic White
Schecter Blackjack S1
Crate Stack

Thats noise violation in a box!
Quote by si!
So I'm looking to hook my mp3 player up to a couple of old speakers. The kind where you need the two loose ends of the speaker wire plugged into the back to play. So I think i've found an amplifier that can make this work, but i'm just making sure.
So the amp I found has an "audio in" socket, just making sure that I can plug my mp3 player into that.
And the amps resistance is 4 ohms. Now this is where i'm not sure if it will work. I have two speakers, and each of them is 8 ohms, and each of them has a seperate wire into the amp. So my question is if the speakers can work with the amp. Thanks for the help.

It depends on the audio in. If it's a 1/8" socket, then go ahead with an 1/8" patch cable. If it's a RCA in, you'll need a 1/8" to RCA cable - they aren't very expensive at all.
Your amp can output a certain amount of power (in watts) into a load with an impedance of 4 ohms. By using 8 ohm speakers it will work fine, but you won't get the best volume levels.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
wha

just get a cable from any music store, their like a pound. its a cable with 2 headphone jacks on either side, simple as. make sure the volume on speakers is a decent level, then set mp3 volume.
Get the 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo to RCA adapter. You can get one for a few dollars. Ohms won't mean much.
Co-Founder of the Puttsecks Group

Listen to my Lux Aeterna remix and other random songs! Comments?

Quote by ShelbyLynn
vicd08, your avatar is suckin up my life, and stealing my thoughts...

Quote by HanPlaysBass
I just want to say that your avatar is simply the best thing in creation.
Quote by vicd08
Get the 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo to RCA adapter. You can get one for a few dollars. Ohms won't mean much.

Umm, yes they do. Do you have any basic understanding on how amplifiers work?
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
yeah I would just go to a computer store and get a nice set.you can get a good one pretty cheap! It's also great to hear someone who's using computer speaker's instead of some ipod speaker crap like me!
My Gear:
1.epiphone boneyard
2.hagstrom acoustic
3.Squier strat
4.Johnson acoustic
5.Peavy 158 rage
6.zoom 505 II

Although some of my gear might not be the best I still love to play them all the time
Quote by the_random_hero
Umm, yes they do. Do you have any basic understanding on how amplifiers work?

Yea, I am pretty knowledgeable with electronics. The ohm thing I don't quite understand but it shouldn't matter should it? The speakers will work fine.
Co-Founder of the Puttsecks Group

Listen to my Lux Aeterna remix and other random songs! Comments?

Quote by ShelbyLynn
vicd08, your avatar is suckin up my life, and stealing my thoughts...

Quote by HanPlaysBass
I just want to say that your avatar is simply the best thing in creation.