Im looking to get a cheap Les paul style neck, not over 100 bucks....i checked warmoth and i nearly went into sticker shock...anywhere else i can look?

Also could i stick a strat neck on an LP? I have a body and im thinking of either fitting it with a bigsby or routing it out and putting in a Floyd. Still not sure about either but the bigsby seems cheaper and easier so ill probably stick to that thought

In my perfect world almost nothing would be over 100 bucks...houses and cars maybe but not much else...
Quote by cloud_x_13
Im looking to get a cheap Les paul style neck, not over 100 bucks....i checked warmoth and i nearly went into sticker shock...anywhere else i can look?

Also could i stick a strat neck on an LP? I have a body and im thinking of either fitting it with a bigsby or routing it out and putting in a Floyd. Still not sure about either but the bigsby seems cheaper and easier so ill probably stick to that thought

In my perfect world almost nothing would be over 100 bucks...houses and cars maybe but not much else...

The scale length is probably different on the Strat than the LP neck, unless you got a conversion neck. Otherwise, your guitar really won't play properly.

I'd just save up, man....If your Strat has a Fender type neck pocket...buying a neck from Warmoth, or Musikraft is your best bet, as they make necks built to Fender neck pocket specs. So they should fit. They list any incompatibilities. Musikraft is a bit cheaper than Warmoth, too.

Prepare to spend money for ANY of the things you just mentioned. Guitar modding and hot rodding is NOT a cheap hobby...
Quote by forsaknazrael
The scale length is probably different on the Strat than the LP neck, unless you got a conversion neck. Otherwise, your guitar really won't play properly.

I'd just save up, man....If your Strat has a Fender type neck pocket...buying a neck from Warmoth, or Musikraft is your best bet, as they make necks built to Fender neck pocket specs. So they should fit. They list any incompatibilities. Musikraft is a bit cheaper than Warmoth, too.

Prepare to spend money for ANY of the things you just mentioned. Guitar modding and hot rodding is NOT a cheap hobby...

"If your Strat has a Fender type neck pocket..."
huh? i have a Les Paul body...i cant find anything on ebay...how often do they put up LP necks? ive been checking for the past 3 days or so...which isnt too long a time but i still hate going through 10 pages of strat necks to find 2 or 3 Lp necks at +$150
i got it from guitarfetish...its the tabaco sunburst one. Im still not 100% sure what to do with it...a floyd would be a ton of work but it would make it really rare and reduce the weight quite a bit...the bigsby is just 5 or 6 screws...
im gonna get a dremel tomorrow since i dont have a drill or anyother wood working tool for screws and sanding...Id hate to have to route the thing with a dremel...*shiver*
Once im done ill put in a p90 neck and a twin blade pickup in the bridge...its kinda funny when you think about it...an old mans guitar with a p90 and a bigsby but with a dimebucker...
Old man's guitar...? Hardly.

Anyway, measure the dimensions of the neck pocket, and compare them with the fender specs on warmoth's site.

Did you check prices on Musikraft? I think it's better to buy a ice new one from an actual neck company...With necks, you're really paying for quality, and sometimes necks you buy off eBay are sub par and need fretwork...
i saw a nice one from some dragon guitar place but they only take money orders and checks and im pretty sure theyll hold mine over for a week since i dont have a very high score...

i used to hate you for pushing the tube amp issue but i guess your alright
Pshh...I dunno...What I don't like is that it's not pictures of the neck you'd be buying I bet...

Again, though, I emphasize, you have to make sure the neck will fit your neck pocket. Or at least be close to it, and allow for modification.

BTW, how is that GFS body? Does the wood in the neck pocket look like a solid piece?
its fine...though some of the laquer ran into the pocket, its only the wood so i have to find the plastic to go over the electronics holes, one of the screws is offset...like on a telecaster, and im sure its unshielded...it acutally sounds like crap when i think about it, but i still love it and for 60 bucks shipped, its damn well worth it...
Hmm...The screw thing might be a problem...But hey, you can always just fill 'em with a dowel and wood glue and redrill.

I'd sand out some of that lacquer, if it makes the neck pocket irregular, too.

And ost guitars out of the factory are unshielded, so that's not a big deal.

As for the plastic cover, here's a nice cheap solution:
http://projectguitar.com/tut/cavcv.htm
do take into account that strats are 25.5 scale and LP's 24.75
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Quote by forsaknazrael
Hmm...The screw thing might be a problem...But hey, you can always just fill 'em with a dowel and wood glue and redrill.

I'd sand out some of that lacquer, if it makes the neck pocket irregular, too.

And ost guitars out of the factory are unshielded, so that's not a big deal.

As for the plastic cover, here's a nice cheap solution:
http://projectguitar.com/tut/cavcv.htm

wow...i woulda never thought of that...im a go get a trashcan from walmart tormorrow...or eventually...
buy an Ibanez gax30 for around $120 on ebay. And take the neck you could probably sell the body and electronics for $40. I have a Gax30 and the neck is really good just bad tuners. Or and epi les paul junior bolt on and do the same thing.