heavy metal... death metal... metalcore... stuff like that... any suggestions for a good dist. pedal
Quote by mrmarc772
heavy metal... death metal... metalcore... stuff like that... any suggestions for a good dist. pedal

Dirty channel on a Marshal or Mesa stack/half stack?
Gear
2002 Ibanez RGT42
Marshall AVT150h + JCM900
Buncha pedals
my friend has a metal master and really likes it, he's into death metal mostly. here's a link.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-XMM-Metal-Master-Heavy-Metal-Distortion-Pedal?sku=150204

just dont get a boss lol.
Quote by fob12
Him -"Hey, give me a high five!"
Her -"hahaha why? *high fives*"
Him - "Because I just dumped you for the lulz!"
Her -"... what?"
Him -"*runs away*"

Quote by Lefty7Stringer
killswitch engage has some dissonant riffs, they're kind grindcore tho

the get a new amp pedal is great!!!

Alternatively, Boss Metal Core sounds like your perfect bet. However, they are quite ****.
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion should do.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by bakshandloomis
my friend has a metal master and really likes it, he's into death metal mostly. here's a link.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-XMM-Metal-Master-Heavy-Metal-Distortion-Pedal?sku=150204

just dont get a boss lol.

Well, on the other hand, I'd say don't get a ****ing Digitech coz they really suck majorly and have no life in their tone.

But thats where we differ
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
EHX Metal muff. Boost your highs with the top boost.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
sansamp gt2
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

I've had the Metal Master, and it isnt that great. Very thin and tinny, or way to bassy. Theres no medium. Also, you cant control the amount of mids, and it was way too low for my taste. And there is no gain knob to turn the gain up or down, just different kinds of distortion. But the Metal Muff is a really good pedal. I played the Nano version, and that cheap little pedal blew away the Metal Master, which cost me $30 more than the Nano did, so the big version must be pretty damn good too.