Rather than getting your pups upgraded, get a new amp.

But, if you want to, Dimarzio Evo2`s.
This is kind of a hard one to give advise on. 1st off, you don't need new pickups. The ones you have are pafs and untill blink 182 started using Dirty Fingers, punk music was all about vintage output pickups. You can beat a PAF for blues, and with a good pedal and the right EQ setting you can make a PAF work very well for metal.

So what do you need to get the sound you are after??? 1st, you need a new amp. 2nd, you need a new guitar. The SG is great for classic rock and OK for metal. Not so great for blues or punk.

If you are dead set on pickups then I'd suggest you go old school. You want a PAF or a Super Distortion. Or even better than a super distortion would be something wound to the same specs but uses an alnico magnet (see my link check out warm Heritage)

But still... I don't think you should get new pups.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Aug 14, 2007,
I just got my amp so I'm not replacing it lol, but if you guys say I'm good, I'll take your word on it.

And I still don't see why people don't like Spider III's.
^you should be good then. Modeling amps like the spider are meant to make stock pickups sound like something bigger. If you put bigger pickups in, then it's too much for the amp and you just sound like crap, or in extream cases you can blow your amp up. Just last week I was trying to prove a point about solid state amps and I switched to the wrong pickup in my guitar and blew the amp with 1 strum.

Spiders are not bad for the beginner, but when you start to get better, they limit your ability to grow as a musician.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW

Spiders are not bad for the beginner, but when you start to get better, they limit your ability to grow as a musician.

Ah, thank you for that explanation. I'll have to remember that down the road. By the way I may buy some pickups from you for a project. ^_^