This is for the UK by the way...

Is Andertons the only place you can buy a new one from? http://www.andertons.co.uk/acatalog/info_FULLTONEOCD.html

Would it be better to import one from the USA? (if that is even possible)

I'm imagining it would be perfect to tighten up my OD sound with my VC15, I rarely do gainy stuff mostly Classic and Modern Rock, and Indie.

Also what are the alternatives, I don't really want to spend more than £120.

Guitars Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, Vintage VS-6, Yamaha C-40 Classical
Amps Laney VC15, Crate GT212 *FOR SALE*
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
Well Andertons do the OCD for cheapest, it's like £138 everywhere else. You're best off getting it from there, I've got a few stuff from that online shop and they're all great.

Is there nowhere where you could try it out though?

And it's perfect for what you want.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
to what I've seen, most american vendors don't want to sell them to europe, stuff do to Fulltone not being RoHS yet (a stupid ass law we have about getting all electrical devices certified to being environmentally friendly)

though if you find one that can import, then yes, it'd probably still be cheaper
£120 = $240
OCD in the US = just looking online, it seems to be around $150 most places
even with customs and shipping I think don't you'd get over $200 (or you could have it delivered to a contact in the US who'd then ship it over to you as "gift" or whatever)
Ok thanks for the help, I have never seen it anywhere so it is less than likely that I try one out. However everyone on here raves about them so I am pretty happy buying on recommendations. Really anything will be better than my digital POS zoom.

EDIT: Yes I've been trawling though eBay and none of them seem to be happy to ship to the UK. It is looking easier to buy it off Andertons, they look reliable and professional plus I won't have to wait for weeks to be delivered.
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
Last edited by Sharly at Aug 14, 2007,
I'm sure you could actually just use it on it's own as a distortion pedal for what you want, probably on the LP setting, depending on your amp.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
I ordered my Champ from Andertons, came 2 days later, they had it in stock too unlike everywhere else.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Just looked here... http://www.fulltone.co.uk/locations.php

And there are apparently no dealers in the South West (which is where I live), so it looks like Andertons is going to get my business.

What are the differences in sound between the HP and LP are they different output settings?

Member of the Laney Cult
Well, the HP has much more mids, making it louder sounding. The LP mode is darker, but with a flatter eq type, best for boosting. I use HP mode when I use the OCD alone as a distortion pedal.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Mmm'kay thanks the help I am now GASing for an OCD and Vox Wah now, roll on my next payday i say!

SPAMMAGE ... Sorry

Member of the Laney Cult
How about a Box of Rock from buyanalogman? I've been considering one for the VC30. Whatever you choose please post your opinion on it!
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!
Irishman of the Laney Cult