The endpin is tapered and held into place by friction. It is not
glued in. For proper insertion, hold endpin between thumb
and forefinger, twist slightly while carefully pushing the endpin
into the bottom end of the guitar. Do not use force. Do not
hammer or tap endpin with any object; doing so may
cause the wood to crack on the bottom end of the
guitar. The endpin should be checked frequently to make
sure it has not worked loose.

This is from the Martin website; "Care & Feeding". After reading this tonight, I was a little mad. The man tapped, pretty much hammered that endpin into my D-16GT with a thing that looked like a stapler.

What should I do? How do I know if the man cracked the bottom end of my guitar? This IS covered by the warranty, right? I'm gonna inform Martin Co. about this.

that idiot.
i would print that page out about caring for your guitar, then take it back to that same guy at guitar center and tell him you might have cracked your wood and see what he does.
He was just putting the endpin on, when I bought it. Instead of twisting it in, he tapped it in.
Just another reason to love Guitar Center... Anyways, this should be covered by warranty, seeing as it wasn't your fault in the first place.
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss DS-1 EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Behringer DD400 Digital Delay
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by C_O_B_H_C<>DIME
i would print that page out about caring for your guitar, then take it back to that same guy at guitar center and tell him you might have cracked your wood and see what he does.

Print it off but don't take it to the guy that did the work. take it to the manager. Even if your martin wasn't cracked by the tech at the time, when humidity goes up and down that can cause the thing to crack. If it was a humid day when the end pin was installed, then on a dry day you could find the end block of your guitar has split in half. You need to have them take the old pin out, check with mirrors and lights to make sure there is no real damage, and then have the pin fit correctly.
Not taking any online orders.
Walk into the store, hit him with your guitar, and if it breaks, tell him that it's his fault for hammering in your bridge pin.
have you tried removing the endpin, with a firm and steady twist?
chances are, he did nothing to harm your guitar. you said he tapped it in, not hammered it in. if it didn't bother you when you watched him do it, don't let it bother you now. i say it's a non-issue, unless you see visible damage.
^^well, I ain't tryin to get him in trouble, I just want to make sure the guitar isn't hurt in some way.
As long as he wasn't being too rough with the guitar, I might make a point to mention it even if there's no damage. He may be a new employee or new to higher-end guitars, and as such ignorant to the fact that putting in an end-pin too tight can cause damage. Who knows, you may save someone else's guitar in the future from similier abuse
^^yeah. but shiit, I might return it. I didn't work 2 months for an abused guitar.

it didn't bother you when you watched him do it, don't let it bother you now.

It did seem very suspicious, and I didn't know it was bad until I read that you're supposed to twist it in on the Martin Website.

The endpin is also held together by friction; mother****er told me to use air plane glue or some elmers' glue. The hell!
Last edited by lawinnn at Aug 15, 2007,
guitars produce vibration. vibration makes strap pins come loose. i don't see GC letting a rookie, handle a Martin guitar issue. go back and talk to the manager, if your concerned. chances are the glue idea came from an experienced player or the Martin salesperson.
get your web cam slacken the strings a bit & stick it inside your gutiar & have a bloody look before you go off half cocked, but by all means report the incident to the guys boss just to make sure it doesnt happen again but more importantly to log the complaint in case of a problem down the track & make sure thay look at the guitar dont accept a cursrory glance . Also be sure to keep an eye on it. This guy may have done it 100's of times without complaint.
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Complain and try and exchange it. What do you care who gets in trouble? He should have known better, he didn't, maybe he will next time. Just get it exchanged.
Yep ^^
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
I called up the same salesman this morning. Says my guitar is fine, and he only did it to make it more secure; didn't want the strap button to come off while I'm playing, leaving the guitar to smash on the floor. He said something regarding the information on the Martin website,too.

oh well..said my guitar was fine, he said he's been with working guitars since 1970, does that with every guitar he's sold, and I am the only one who worried and complained. There has been no complaints or problems. oh well.
Tell him to stick it up his arse.

It's like taking your car to a body shop and him painting it with acryllic. It's just what what you're supposed to do. When you left it with him you left him with the responsibility to do it right. Phone martin and ask for advice. See what they say.

That's a really sad story. Is the damage really bad?
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I dont know man, i mean i smell extra cash might be coming to your hands
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor GS Big Leaf Maple/ Sitka Spruce
Is your guitar damaged? If not, stop whining.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Is your guitar damaged? If not, stop whining.

He's paid good money for a guitar only for somebody to take a hammer to it when you're obviously not supposed to.

So shut up, stay out of it, if he feels that something should be done then he's justified.

If I spent $1200 on a guitar I'd expect it to be treated properly.
Last edited by ClaptonWannabe at Aug 16, 2007,
samething happened when i got my martin ( i also got the D-16RGT, and it is truley amazing). dont worry about it. that happened to me about 2 months ago and i havnt noticed any damages at all.
^^thanks clapton. and it's good to hear that, alone. I'm sure it's fine.
thats why i like local shops cuz they take time to do it instead of doing 30 guitars a day without making sure they do it right.
\m/(0.0)\m/