Page 1 of 15
Anyone? I've been a big fan since a little before Blessed Black Wings came out and im pumped as all hell for the new one.
Very good band, though I still like Sleep more.
They're apparently total arseholes live.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Yeah sleep ruled aswell, whose assholes live? sleep or high on fire?
High on Fire.
I've never seen them myself, this is what I was told by a friend. As in they don't hang around after shows to talk to fans, act really arrogant when they're on stage, etc.

Wow thats fouled up. I saw'em at sounds of the underground a few years ago and they ruled...didn't try to meet them or anything so i dunno. If true thats pretty lame, i hate when that kinda stuff happens.
I haven't heard anything about them being assholes... but I like them and I'm going to see em' Oct. 1st. If their assholes.. I'll report back to confirm it..
unforgiven101 takes baths with his brother.
Quote by chylde_of_fire
High on Fire.
I've never seen them myself, this is what I was told by a friend. As in they don't hang around after shows to talk to fans, act really arrogant when they're on stage, etc.

Haha well I was thinking about seeing them when they came around but maybe not then.

Even if they're assholes I really like most of their stuff.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
I think they are a kickass band, and am looking forward to the new album in September. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have great fan relations though- Matt Pike always seemed like kind of a douche in interviews I've seen done with him.
I like Pike's beat up old Les Paul better. Thanks for the heads up on the new album leaking, what's it called again?
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
I just got the new album. Its still very crushing but different in alot of ways. I think they want some of that mastodon $$$.Either way, sounds sick as death. Its prolly all i'll be listening too until down III. I kinda dig the first act aswell.
Last edited by kiennM at Aug 19, 2007,
Bumpity bump.

I just impulse bought the latest album by these guys after hearing good things about them. I've only heard the first song, but it sounds like good stuff. It was really cheap too, which was a bonus. How does this latest one measure up to the old stuff? Is the older stuff a good investment? Also, sick artwork for the whole CD, especially the cover.
It's all very good. Can't go wrong with any of the releases.

I love the chant in Fury Whip. Gets me so pumped.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Quote by Terror Kovenant
They blow

Well thanks for contributing to the thread!

I listened to the song on their myspace from the new record. Sounds pretty good, kinda like their old stuff, but hey they can't go wrong with what they've been doing.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
I saw a friend of mine wak into class wearing there shirt.

Knowing that his music list consists of H.I.M and Avenged Sevenfold...litterally thats his entire list....

I couldn't believe he even knew of them.

Turns out he didn't even know High on Fire was a band.

He found it at a clearance section at a local bigtime department store that recently bought out Kaughmans.

I couldn't believe it.
Quote by Everybody
Plus_the_Bear is the entertainment event of the holiday season!

My rig:

Ibanez Custom Chinese Fireball
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
2 Crate solid state half-stack cabinets and ampheads.
Digitech 2000 Whammy/Wah Pedal
Dunlops Picks
Quote by chylde_of_fire
High on Fire.

Nah, they're not. The guys probably just had a bad night or something and/or really hammered. They're not usually the asshole/arrogant type of band
'And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing, of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting.'
Quote by Plus_the_Bear
I saw a friend of mine wak into class wearing there shirt.

Knowing that his music list consists of H.I.M and Avenged Sevenfold...litterally thats his entire list....

I couldn't believe he even knew of them.

Turns out he didn't even know High on Fire was a band.

He found it at a clearance section at a local bigtime department store that recently bought out Kaughmans.

I couldn't believe it.

Blasphemy!!
'And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing, of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting.'
Quote by flying_phoenix
Bumpity bump.

I just impulse bought the latest album by these guys after hearing good things about them. I've only heard the first song, but it sounds like good stuff. It was really cheap too, which was a bonus. How does this latest one measure up to the old stuff? Is the older stuff a good investment? Also, sick artwork for the whole CD, especially the cover.

Buy every album, They all rule.Some of the production and tone is a little much for some people, especially the older albums. But i can't get enough of it, Their aren't many bands who are that crushing. Pike knows his riffing.
Going to leave here in about 5 minutes to see em'! Gonna be a f'ing awesome night!
unforgiven101 takes baths with his brother.
Mega bump!

I'm just getting into them, and they are pretty sweet. I usually prefer the Kyuss/Orange Goblin kind of stoner, but this is good stuff. I understand that Blessed Black Wings is the best album to start with, yes?
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Man, DITC is metal. How do the other albums compare (more detailed than "this one is the best" plz)?
Quote by chylde_of_fire
High on Fire.

Are you kidding? When I saw them live Matt Pike got off the stage to shake my hand a a few other guys and said he loved our headbanging, then he went backstage to get some pizza then the band invited us out clubbing with them afterwards and we went out with the band, smoked a joint with them and they were just fantastic guys. They were honestly the nicest rock stars I have ever met. It was so much fun seeing an awesome metal concert then going to some backstreet club and dancing to some drum and bass with them.

Pic of Matt Pike waiting at the bar at the club we went to:
Like I said, I'm only going on what I was told, I've never seen them so for all I know they could dance around handing out flower garlands, I don't know

He looks more stoned than a block of granite...
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
I just bought Death Is This Communion and I'm really liking it.

I'll have a bourbon.
Quote by dead-fish
He looks more stoned than a block of granite...

I smoked more than he did
i really like the stoner feel of these guys.
Up the Punx!
i only have Death... but it's really good.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
I definitely prefer Sleep but that's not to say HoF aren't absolutely amazing. The Face of Oblivion is my favourite HoF song.

Matt's custom First Act may not look great but it sounds fantastic. Whatever pickups he's put in it are ridiculously high output.
Quote by smb
I smoked more than he did

You don't know how much he smoked before the show

Regardless, the guy looks like a fun person.
Is it me or is that guitar just huge? I can't wait to see these guys it's gonna be freakin' awesome (but, short).
i love these guys

im seeing them with Megadeth and everyone else on Gigantour and New England Metal/Hardcore Fest in April
My You'll be the Baddest Dude in Revere!

My Gear:
-Fender Mexican Stratocaster
-Silvertone Paul Stanley Signature Acoustic
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
So yesterday I got stoned, and the chorus to Brothers in The Wind waz amazingly beautiful...

Otherwise, not a very good band to get stoned with. Still awesome, though.
Picked up Death Is This Communion yesterday. So far, it's pretty damn well far beyond anything known to man to be far away from being beyond awesome. It's that good.