Page 1 of 3
Its f'ing brilliant, good job guys
Dean Vendetta 4.0 "Tiger Eye"
Peavey Valveking Half-Stack VK100+4x12"
Awesome!
just plain awesome!
great guitar work, swell drumming and pretty good vocal work!
MY GEAR:
IBANEZ RGT42DX
Crate GT65
Digitech RP200 effects pedal

ESP LTD B-50
Peavey Max 112

Shure SM-58
completely sweet, could've used a bit less treble. But I mean by like a very slight turn of the nob, other than that it was completely ****ing sweet (:
Member of 7-string Legion
Wields S7320

. .___.
. (O,o)
. /)__)
. ^ ^

. O rly?
I've gotta say that I love it...

Btw, I'm just curious about how old are you and for how long have you been playing?? Also, you said "me and my brother".... did your brother played the drums??

---EDIT---
Forgot to say... Congrats to Supercharger350 for the vocals... very amazing skills!
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
Been playing for 2 years now, started at 20. I play rhythm on the right, my brother on the left. He did the first solo, I did the second. Drums by Ezdrummer with the drumkit from hell expansion(highly recommended)
great job. i love covering mop with my friends its such an awesome metal song. man u really down picked the whole way? niiiiiiice.
That was a good cover.
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Holy **** I could never downpick that fast. I agree, there's a bit too much treble for my taste, but otherwise a nice recording, great vocals too.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
really good

did you use a midi track for the softer melody ( before and after the solo )? Sounded a bit too " on " to me.

And you need some bass in there.

Also, some parts sounded very slightly off in the second solo

but you guys did a really good job, better than almost every other cover I have heard.

Oh, and the vocals for the most part are really good. The laughs, especially at the end, didn't sound right. In fact, I haven't heard anyone do those right other than James on the Album, so that isn't a big problem at all.

9/10
Quote by civildp1
It's not rocket surgery.
Quote by Kensai
That was so hot my penis exploded.
Quote by killthekingx
I **ing hate Opeth. They make every other band I know look bad.

Quote by beckyjc
some cockwanks just wan to throw 5 stars at her because she has a vag
Thanks for commenting guys, there are no midi tracks in the song. Kind of disappointing that you think it's midi because that would have to sound like ****! Anyway, thanks for commenting guys, I appreciate it.
Great cover! Nice raw guitar sound, good vocals, overall a solid cover.
The harmony during the first solo sounds a little off... can't really put my finger on it. It needs to be played with less staccato as well. Besides that the cover is real good!
that guy actually sounds so much like james, its uncanny.
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
Quote by hoondog
that guy actually sounds so much like james, its uncanny.

Uncanny indeed...
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Best amateur cover of Master of Puppets I've heard. Good job.
This is a signature. Enjoy it.

Quote by wtf is wtf
The worst band i ever heard was The Search Bar.
thanks dudes !!! I really appreciate it.

The speed is more like Trivium's version, more like 230bmp I think.
I spent a long time figuring out the tones and stuff like that. To record I used POD XT with a custom made patch. I tried using my Jackons RR3 with Zack EMG's with the patch, but it sounded like ****, so I had to use my Jackson Kelly with stock pups. There are 6 main rhythm tracks. 4 where I used the standard patch, and 2 with the standard patch, but I EQ in more mid so that the chunk chunk stands out. I found a forum where the guy that mixed MOP posted (Michael Wagener) and he said that it was crucial that there would be 6 rhythm tracks.
Page 1 of 3