i cut it down to these two and i need a very complex sound from a good clean to a hweavy drive, with desent effects, im big on delay in my band so need some help
I'm guessing you are talking about marshall MG's? Whats your budget? I would go with one of the Roland Cube amps.

Btw most people on ug is gonna say that MG's and Spider's suck, and IMO the MG's do suck I still haven't played a spider tho..
Last edited by yoyodunno at Aug 14, 2007,
i would go with the line 6 spider there what i use and i love them
Neither.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Neither.

holy **** thats the coolest cat i the world

edit : oh and i vote the marshall.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
What type of music do you play?

Quote by danielrobbyshor

edit : oh and i vote the marshall.

How can you pick the Marshall when he didn't even mention what model?
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Aug 14, 2007,
play first prob punk, then a lot of classic rock like aerosith and zeppelin and pink floyd, and then prob up to i guess emo if thats what you want to call it, but its important to me that i can get a nice acoustic sounfd casue my band plays a ranger of stuff and i write some solo acoustic stuff too
well, i have a spider, which i picked over a marshall MG, and our tastes seem to be similar, though i needed somethin that gave me a decent metal sound for practicin. I dont use my spider for gigging, i have a half stack for that.

*just as an extra point, i also picked my crate stack over the mg stack*

assuming its the MG marshall your talkin about here.
MY RIG:

Gibson Explorer '73 reissue, Classic White
Schecter Blackjack S1
Crate Stack

Thats noise violation in a box!
Vox Valvestate, I'd say. Avoid the Spider and Marshall MG/Valvestate like the plague.
A Crate Palomino V16 would be up your alley.

You could use the rest to buy a delay pedal. .

You could also get the V32, but that'd leave less cash for the delay.

Quote by utsapp89
Quote by FacingUsAll
How can you pick the Marshall when he didn't even mention what model?

any marshall is better than the spider
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by danielrobbyshor
any marshall is better than the spider

I'd probably take a Spider over an MG .
Quote by utsapp89
Quote by FacingUsAll
I'd probably take a Spider over an MG .

WHHHYYYYYY!
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
Quote by danielrobbyshor
WHHHYYYYYY!

More versatility?

They both suck .
Quote by utsapp89
Quote by FacingUsAll
More versatility?

They both suck .

both aren't great. agreed.

BUT the MG is waay better, if you take your time to really dial in the sound.
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
Quote by danielrobbyshor

Nah, they're both not worth the time of day. There are better amps for the money in both cases at any size really.

TS, what genre's do you play and what's your budget?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by danielrobbyshor

How do you "dial in sound" on an MG. Turn up the pop knob, set the fizz at about max, turn up the buzz, and max out the noise?

I've played both. As a matter of fact last week I tried a Gibson Les Paul from the Gibson Custom Shop on a Marshall MG, and I might as well have been playing a Squier strat copy. The MG is atone sucking noise maker. Granted the Line 6 isn't light years better, however it is superior to the MG in all aspects. I would ask you if you've ever played either of them, however looking at your band pictures, I see that one of your guitarists plays a Line 6 Spider. Curious choice, is that why you hate them, we're you taken in by the marketing people at guitar center?

+1 on the Roland
Dude spend an extra 50 dollars and get a nice Peavey Classic 30. It's perfect for what you play and they play pretty damn nice.
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss DS-1 EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Behringer DD400 Digital Delay
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by outerlimit501
How do you "dial in sound" on an MG. Turn up the pop knob, set the fizz at about max, turn up the buzz, and max out the noise?

I've played both. As a matter of fact last week I tried a Gibson Les Paul from the Gibson Custom Shop on a Marshall MG, and I might as well have been playing a Squier strat copy. The MG is atone sucking noise maker. Granted the Line 6 isn't light years better, however it is superior to the MG in all aspects. I would ask you if you've ever played either of them, however looking at your band pictures, I see that one of your guitarists plays a Line 6 Spider. Curious choice, is that why you hate them, we're you taken in by the marketing people at guitar center?

+1 on the Roland

in my experience, the cleans on the spider are okay(ish).
its the overdrive, distortion and (heaven help us) the "insane" settings that really leave the sour taste.
any tone you dial in just gets lost in all the fizz. makes any guitar sound like a broken squier.
my band mate plays a £999 PRS CE24 through that thing... the amp does that guitar no justice.
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
Quote by FenderBassist21
Dude spend an extra 50 dollars and get a nice Peavey Classic 30. It's perfect for what you play and they play pretty damn nice.

Listen to him, If what he says is true, about it only being 50 more, then dont even DARE get a crappy MG or spider if you can get the classic ALL TUBE amp.
Quote by flipflops8916
up to about $550

wait.. you have up to 550$ and your looking to buy an mg or a spider?! uhhh get a tube combo and some kind of delay.... id say crate v16 palomino.
Quote by FenderBassist21

Or spend less and buy one used. They can regularly be found under $400. Plenty of money left over for pedals, which you can also get used.

And yes, avoid the MG's and Spiders like the plague. Not only do they suck, but they're really no good for your genres at all. They're for metalheads with limited funds and no taste (or is that redundant?). You'll do classic rock and cleans much better with a small tube combo.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.