Hey there,

I am looking for some information on the Ibanez ARC100! Preferably form those who have played or own one! Is the body and top solid mahogany and how does in compare to a Epi LP standard??

Thanks for the help!

I'll get back to you,

James
I don't have it yet but I am saving and definately prefer it to the Epi LP Standard.
It does have a solid mahogany body but I can't tell you any more as I haven't played it yet. Sorry I couldn't be of more help but I would choose it over the Epi. Say what kind of music you play and what amp you use and maybe somebody else can help you more.
i've only played the ibanez arx500 which is the top of the artist series (the double cutaway version)
it was real good and i was considering getting one for a while. as far as i know the only difference between this and yours is poorer pickups and a cheaper paintjob
so long as you change the pups i would imagine it's a very nice guitar. if at all possibly save for the arc300 or arc500
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by ljw92
I don't have it yet but I am saving and definately prefer it to the Epi LP Standard.
It does have a solid mahogany body but I can't tell you any more as I haven't played it yet. Sorry I couldn't be of more help but I would choose it over the Epi. Say what kind of music you play and what amp you use and maybe somebody else can help you more.

Thanks, i think i feel the same! The epi was good but the ibanez has something about it! Im playin through a roland micro cude...amazing!
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
i've only played the ibanez arx500 which is the top of the artist series (the double cutaway version)
it was real good and i was considering getting one for a while. as far as i know the only difference between this and yours is poorer pickups and a cheaper paintjob
so long as you change the pups i would imagine it's a very nice guitar. if at all possibly save for the arc300 or arc500

hmmm....thanks, im on a strict student bugdet so will prob opt for whatever is cheaper but thanks anyway!
other than being hard to find, for around $300 you cant beat them

they play ike a slightly chunkier version of the samick ultramatic(if youve played one). solid access to the upper frets. you'd probably want a pickup swap for sure though. they're kinda of weak, but then again the guitar is cheap as hell. the factory setup on mine was pretty bad and there was a slight mistake on the stain(frets 17+), but the overall build quality was excellent. much better then you expect from a china made guitar
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
I'm planning on getting this guitar so what would be the best pickups to buy? And I don't want to fit them myself so for the price of the pickups and the cost of getting them fitted would it be cheaper to just buy a guitar with better pickups?
Quote by ljw92
I'm planning on getting this guitar so what would be the best pickups to buy? And I don't want to fit them myself so for the price of the pickups and the cost of getting them fitted would it be cheaper to just buy a guitar with better pickups?

get the cheaper one and change the pick ups, that way you can have precisely the tone you want. the arc500 comes with good pick ups, but they are only good if they suit the music you want. other than pickups and paintjob the arc series are all the exact same

as for which pick-ups, what music do you play?
I play mainly classic rock and indie. I need something good for classic rock solos (sweet child o mine etc)
seymour duncan JB in the bridge and a '59 in the neck
Last edited by Storm_Bringer_ at Aug 26, 2007,