Nothing nicer than when new gear arrives, especially when its a new amp!!!!!
I've been playing it for exactly ten minutes and already am VERY impressed. Took about 2 minutes to unpack, plug in and get a good tone. Try that with a Dual Rectifier.

Does everything they claim...sparkling cleans, Mesa distortion and everything in between for 999.00.
Well, I guess the JCM900 is up for sale...

The V3 is honestly an awesome amp so far. I'll be taking it to practice tomorrow night and put it through the entire setlist.
WOOT.
Last edited by demea at Aug 14, 2007,
are you talking about the carvin? if so, congrats. thats an awesome amp.
Quote by mrchow
are you talking about the carvin? if so, congrats. thats an awesome amp.

He's talking about the Mesa Boogie I think.

Congrats man!
Gear:
Ibanez SA220
Epiphone Firebird V
Fender Stratocaster USA 1979
VOX AD100VT
Quote by Zenoir
He's talking about the Mesa Boogie I think.

Congrats man!

i think its the carvin, mesa dosent have anything called a v3, i dont think. and carevin has a v3 series amp that runs for 999.99 like he said.
Is there another V3 besides Carvin??
The more I play it, the more I'm realizing this is the last amp that I'll have to buy...thank God.
I've owned all the Marshalls (800, 900, 2000 DSL), lots of Fenders (Twin, Vibrolux, Bassman) and a few Mesa's (.50 Caliber, Single rectifier) and a few in between and this amp does them all in its own way.
Nothing beats a Twins clean, not many beat a Mesa's Triple Rec in heavy and nothing beats a JCM800 in crunch, but this amp does all of them in its own way...honestly. And it's simple to dial in a tone, has two smart loops and a solo boost.

I've never been happier with an amp purchase (except when I first brought my JCM800 2204 home and played that first G chord)
Last edited by demea at Aug 14, 2007,
Quote by timi_hendrix
No offence, but you can't judge an amp within 10 minutes of getting it.

No offense taken...I'm 34, been playing for 15 years or so (three night a week at one point)and know the difference between good gear and crap. As a guitar player, you know within two minutes of picking up a guitar wether or not its a keeper and I have that same feeling about amps.
Some are crap...even with big pricetags on them and this so far (with the lack of reveb) is the best I've played in a longggggg time.
Maybe it's the honeymoon phase... , but it's nice to be happy with an amp other than Mesa, Marshall, Fender and all the other usual suspects everyone raves about on the board.
Thats all.
Quote by demea
How do you post unhosted pics? I'll take some now.

Take them.. Get them on your computer.

Then..

Go to http://www.tinypic.com and upload the photos there.. When each one is upload, copy the url into the "Insert Picture" tool on here so we can see them
Quote by demea
No offense taken...I'm 34, been playing for 15 years or so (three night a week at one point)and know the difference between good gear and crap. As a guitar player, you know within two minutes of picking up a guitar wether or not its a keeper and I have that same feeling about amps.
Some are crap...even with big pricetags on them and this so far (with the lack of reveb) is the best I've played in a longggggg time.
Maybe it's the honeymoon phase... , but it's nice to be happy with an amp other than Mesa, Marshall, Fender and all the other usual suspects everyone raves about on the board.
Thats all.

I agree, it's always nice to have stuff that's different from the norm.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Here ya go...
Unfortunatly, I only have a stock USA Tele at my office to try it out with. Still, the gain is thick, clear and precise with the single coil bridge pickup. Cant wait to wail on the Les Paul with it.
Notice the volume levels...

thats a sexy telecaster.
o and nice amp too

idk if i read it wrong on the carvin site. but whats the wattage on that? i thought it said 50 but i also cant read so yeah.
I thought you had the half-stack, but the combo is very nice dude, I really want one of those to tell you the truth.
Its 100 watt native, but has a power reduction switch to 50 watts.
Thanks - I'm actually selling in tomorrow (which is why I have it at work today) for a PRS Santana Se in green with a Screamin demon in the bridge, 59 in the neck, PRS HSC and 200 bucks.
I know, I know...but I have to pay off the amp somehow.
Quote by Eric 666
I thought you had the half-stack, but the combo is very nice dude, I really want one of those to tell you the truth.

I'm sick of lugging around a half stack. They look cooler no doubt, but combo's are fine with me these days.
Such a nice setup. I hear so many great things about carvins amps and guitars, but I can't play one without buying it, so it may be a looong time.

Anyway, you should post some soundclips if you can.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Congrats! I love my V3. Like you said, after buying it I realized I wouldn't really HAVE to buy another amp, ever. I've gotten every tone i've ever wanted out of it. The interesting thing I noticed is that the controls on the combo are completely different then on the head. They have the same knobs, they are just all in completely different orders.

Heres a clip of the three tones i'm using-
http://www.soundclick.com/util/downloadSong.cfm?ID=5664058&key=00300D96-7

My baby:
Quote by mr_hankey
Holy crap. That's enough knobs and channels to make my head hurt.

It seems like alot, but they're so intuitive that it's impossible to get a bad sound. It's a very easy amp to dial in tone.
I'm used to my JCM 800 2204's 6 knobs, I know what you mean.
Quote by hollow1928years
Congrats! I love my V3. Like you said, after buying it I realized I wouldn't really HAVE to buy another amp, ever. I've gotten every tone i've ever wanted out of it. The interesting thing I noticed is that the controls on the combo are completely different then on the head. They have the same knobs, they are just all in completely different orders.

My baby:

Sweet. I was going to go with the head because I use an Avatar 2x12 loaded with V30's for my Marshall head, but this I feel is a little more practicle for me now. I'm going to put the V30's from the cab into the V3 after I hear the 75's at practice tomorrow night. The head looks bad ass though.
The controls are reversed on the combo...alot of combo's are like that when there is a head of the same type/model. My JCM900 4502 is reversed, too from the head's orientation.
Dont know why.
Quote by demea
I'm sick of lugging around a half stack. They look cooler no doubt, but combo's are fine with me these days.

I agree.. I realised at my towns yearly music festival that combos really are all you need..

Half stacks seem to be more for "looks"

Quote by demea
The controls are reversed on the combo...alot of combo's are like that when there is a head of the same type/model. My JCM900 4502 is reversed, too from the head's orientation.
Dont know why.

I think they do that with a lot of amps, you just flip the actual chassis upside down, and put it in a combo cabinet.

Nice amp man, congrats.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by RG_FANMAN
how much is one?

999.99 from Carvin direct.