I've had my Epipiphone Les Paul for about 8 years now and I think its time to sell it. However as a consequence of having a rubbish strap for all that time I used masking tape over the neck peg to keep the strap attached and the guitar safe. Now there is a hideous residue of sticky stuff which leaves a massive brown stain all around the area!!! Is there anyway of removing this (scratching with my nail doesnt work) without damaging the paint job??
i dont think any1 wants to buy and 8 year old epiphone les paul, even if you did mange to sell it, i honestly dont think youd get much for it at all either.
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
An old house cleaners trick is to rub it off with the point of a cloth drenged in vegetable oil. The slippery residue you can the rub off with the point of a cloth drenged in dish washing agent.
Dilute lacquer thinner may work, otherwise, you can use something like de-naturalized alcohol, it pulls grease, oil, glue residue, pretty much everything off, but it won't hurt clear-coat.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
hm shouldnt anythin with acetone work? it works for me when i get sticky tape residue anywhere
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Please don't try acetone or thinner. I can't think of any guitar finish that doesn't immediately dissolve in this stuff.
Quote by Slim_bob.Billy
nail polish remover comes to mind... but dont quote me on that.

Which is the same as acetone, but then packed into small flasks at 15000 percent profit. Nail polish=paint. Guitar finish=paint, so I'd say don't do it.
Go for the vegetable oil instead. I don't guarantee it will remove sticker residue, but you can be pretty confident that it won't dissolve your guitar. And ít's easy to obtain, You'll find it next to the stove, or else in the cupboard above the kitchen sink
Last edited by Marcel Veltman at Aug 14, 2007,
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Please don't try acetone or thinner. I can't think of any guitar finish that doesn't immediately dissolve in this stuff.

Besides poly?

Naptha (real lighter fluid) is great for cleaning.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
when that happens to be i just pull it off with duct tape, and that works perfect
Guitars-
Schecter S-1 Elite
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone SG Faded
Epiphone Sheraton II

Amps-
Peavey Valveking 212

Pedals-
Dunlop CryBaby
Boss NS-2
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

CHECK OUT MY BAND AT http://www.myspace.com/noneofusalone
Quote by JOEYPWNSU
i dont think any1 wants to buy and 8 year old epiphone les paul, even if you did mange to sell it, i honestly dont think youd get much for it at all either.

mines a 95 and its quality, it feels alot better than the newer ones.

to TS you should keep it man, if its like mine i wouldnt even dream of selling it, mod it or something.

ive been thinking of doing a trans black finsih on mine and putting in some better pickups.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Just using metho works wonders and won't ruin your finish. I use that to get oily residue off my guitar whenever I clean it.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by Marcel Veltman

My telecaster finish was damned near impossible to get through. I used Acetone at first, with no result, and a ton of other chemicals that didn't even phase the finish.

Just try nail polish remover, it isn't that strong but it'll work fine!
Go to a target or a walmart and buy stuff called Goo Be Gone. Its works great on anything and doesnt hurt the finish of your guitar.
Quote by JOEYPWNSU

im old, Im married, Im never going to be a rock star...I have no space and no time to play....im selling up and using whatever proceeds to go towards a nice Martin acoustic

It'll happen to you some day..................

Thanks for all the ideas.......I'll try vegtable oil first then if that dont work the gentlest nail polish remover I can find