Hey,

I've been playing guitar for about 3 years. And i decided to buy a new guitar. But, i'm so torn on what to get. Right now i have a Squire Strat, with a MarshallMG30DFX and i use an Digitech RP80 for effects. I have a close to 600$ to spend. I play various styles including rock(all types) , alternative, blues, jazz, metal, punk (and about now i think you get the picture). so i have no clue on which guitar to buy. all help would be great

Thanks
i'd say get an ibanez
Guitar:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Jackson DK2-L w/ Dimarzio X2N
Takamine acoustic

Bass:
Fender Precision Bass

Amp:
Marshall AVTX150H
Behringer BG412F
Marshall MG15MSII
ya...save up money, and also buy a new amp, and for the guitar, get a schecter, very balanced
Quote by VIRUSDETECTED
GET A NEW AMP

</end_joke_post>

yeah i was looking at the Peavey ValveKing 112 Combo Amp. most of the reviews for it were good. what do u guys think?
Quote by staticoverdub
the answer is obviously fender telecaster.

i played a telecaster at GC a few days ago. they were pretty nice
haha, *expects flaming*, MGs sound good IF they are EQd well and mic'd up well through a decent PA. As long as you stay away from the OD channel and use overdrive pedals in stead, that is
Quote by National_Anthem
haha, *expects flaming*, MGs sound good IF they are EQd well and mic'd up well through a decent PA. As long as you stay away from the OD channel and use overdrive pedals in stead, that is

yeah always thought mine sounded alright
Dude, i've been playing guitar for 6 years and number one, burn that guitar you have and at least buy a real strat, your amp is fine. I'd say the guitar you should buy would be dependant on your style. If you're really into metal and shredding, do what senevnth skull said, buy an ibanez, but be aware that metal is truly (at least in my opinion) all that they are good for. If you've got enough money buy a Les Paul (but get a gibson, don't screw yourself with an epiphone). But if you like the feel of your current guitar, and your budget ain't too high, get a telecaster or stratocaster, but get a REAL one and at least a mexican.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
Quote by Karlboy
Dude, i've been playing guitar for 6 years and number one, burn that guitar you have and at least buy a real strat, your amp is fine. I'd say the guitar you should buy would be dependant on your style. If you're really into metal and shredding, do what senevnth skull said, buy an ibanez, but be aware that metal is truly (at least in my opinion) all that they are good for. If you've got enough money buy a Les Paul (but get a gibson, don't screw yourself with an epiphone). But if you like the feel of your current guitar, and your budget ain't too high, get a telecaster or stratocaster, but get a REAL one and at least a mexican.

^ I agree! +1
Quote by Karlboy

thats the only correct thing you said.

but truly, if this board wasnt 50% metal, telecaster would be the answer to 90% of these "what guitar" threads.
Quote by Karlboy

yeah i wish i had enough money to get a les paul. i'd have to save for a year. but if i don't really want another cheap fender strat or tele.
Quote by Karlboy

well done, you have come across as a prick.
Quote by brownmnms4ozzy
Hey,

I've been playing guitar for about 3 years. And i decided to buy a new guitar. But, i'm so torn on what to get. Right now i have a Squire Strat, with a MarshallMG30DFX and i use an Digitech RP80 for effects. I have a close to 600$ to spend. I play various styles including rock(all types) , alternative, blues, jazz, metal, punk (and about now i think you get the picture). so i have no clue on which guitar to buy. all help would be great

Thanks

Do you only play by yourself or do you gig in a band? Do like your tone or do you just want a new guitar? Personally, I would invest in a new amp unless you are in desperate need of a new guitar!

As for a guitar, perhaps try out an LTD EC-400 / 500? They are pretty versatile guitars and solid value at around $500 I think.