Right... Is there a wire that i can plug into my amp (like the headphone socket), and plug into the computer with the appropriate jack?
Like, guitar > wire > amp > wire > computer.

I know there's wires like that but I'm not sure how they work, cus I want the tone from my amp to record properly onto my computer, rather than using my crappy mic.

Quote by xrawrockkillsx
ummm there was an ad for one with a USB end in the most recent guitarworld...

Sweet that's what I'm looking for. Do you think they'd sell in my local guitar shop?
they sell converters in local shops that plug onto the end of a jack lead, they do them in loads of sizes
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Right... Is there a wire that i can plug into my amp (like the headphone socket), and plug into the computer with the appropriate jack?
Like, guitar > wire > amp > wire > computer.

I know there's wires like that but I'm not sure how they work, cus I want the tone from my amp to record properly onto my computer, rather than using my crappy mic.

You could try it, but you'll get a sound worse than your crappy mic! And you could blow up your PC.

You need to get something like a Toneport.. http://line6.com/toneport/ ... plugs into your USB skt.

MG
Quote by marsguitars
You could try it, but you'll get a sound worse than your crappy mic! And you could blow up your PC.

You need to get something like a Toneport.. http://line6.com/toneport/ ... plugs into your USB skt.

MG

Yeah I know, I've been seriously considering getting a toneport, but I'm not sure if it's worth it...? Have you got one?
Just get a stereo miniplug cable, then go from headphones -> line-in on your soundcard.

Edit: If you want it to sound half decent, get a Line6 Toneport (pretty expensive) or M-Audio Jamlab (very cheap).
Get a M-audio FastTrack USB, has both a guitar/line in and a mic in.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Aaaah, I thought I'd gone off the idea of a Line6 Tonport I'm really not sure now... What's this cheaper M-Audio like?
I own one, it works with every single program I've ever tried to use it with (garageband, acid, kristal, audacity, live, a few others), it's quiet, low latency. I love it.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
I own one, it works with every single program I've ever tried to use it with (garageband, acid, kristal, audacity, live, a few others), it's quiet, low latency. I love it.

Yep, don't forget that Garageband and a bunch of other programs are made my M-Audio, so you can almost guarantee compatibility. The Toneport, however, I've heard is a bitch.