Page 1 of 4
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2052480421
semi-related video

because I can't wait until HALO 3!!!!

But my friends down the street preordered it, so it's all good.

Anyone else stoked? Anyone know why they're releasing it on a TUESDAY?

Anyone want to guess the number of kids calling in sick that day?

Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Last edited by thefoldarsoldar at Aug 14, 2007,
yeah i'll buy it/preorder it

but i won't be playing it for a while

oh and why release it on a tuesday? why not friday I'd rather it be released later so i can't play it vs having to control myself
never been a huge halo fan.....maybe its just because i suck ass it
I play a guitar strung with Yngwie's chest hair
I've already pre ordered it.

Quote by Don't Read This
why bother it's just going to break after too weeks

Mine hasn't
Never really like Halo that much...but I may buy it.

I don't really play Xbox that much.
The.
Pshhh, I'd rather play SNES and N64 rather than these new consoles with some of the lamest games ever. I'm still waiting for Metroid Corruption and Brawl though...
Halo 3 isn't going to be much different...why are you so excited? Hint: Take Halo 2, add new weapons, 3 more stages, and 1 more feature. Thats Halo 3.
Quote by Don't Read This
why bother it's just going to break after too weeks

*look at 360 thats been running fine since christmas*

I have it pre-ordered.
THE GLITCH(xBox360) you really want THE GLITCH. MIcrosoft is kicking in a enormous amount of cash apporx. $1billion, to resolve the issues with THE GLITCH. Hopefully if you keep your finger crossed you might get a good one. I am not to up on demagraphics, but folks in my area all had a probem with it.
I wish I had one too...but not for Halo because Halo is a generic FPS.

Now EA Skate is where it's at. Omg that game is going to pwn.
Seriously. Bioshock. THe demo just came out on the XBL marketplace and it is amazing. This game looks like a Half-Life 2 beater.

And Halo 3 will be amazing. If I'm still playing Halo 2 so long after it was released days, H3 is gonna keep me amused for even longer. Woot!
Quote by Steve The Plank
Seriously. Bioshock. THe demo just came out on the XBL marketplace and it is amazing. This game looks like a Half-Life 2 beater.

Bioshock is lolsauce. The developer was gloating on and on about all the new features and how it's going to revolutionize FPS...yet every single aspect in their features was already done on Half-Life 2. What a joke.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2052480421
semi-related video

because I can't wait until HALO 3!!!!

But my friends down the street preordered it, so it's all good.

Anyone else stoked? Anyone know why they're releasing it on a TUESDAY?

Anyone want to guess the number of kids calling in sick that day?

tuesday is when all electronic merchandise is released. settle down. its just a stupid game.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
+1 to bioshock I downloaded and played the demo last night and it looks awesome!! and plays very easily but those stupid ladies with the bags over their heads with guns..

I have it pre-ordered but I am not too excited about it, my 360 has almost lasted me two years now, as I got it on launch day.
and they release games on Tuesday all the time. Its like how some movies also come out on Wednesday as well as Friday.
Madden 08 came out today, its Tuesday, Bioshock comes out a week from today, a Tuesday.
PeaceLoveUnityRespect
all video games are released on tuesdays, duh

plus, Halo is uber-generic, i'd much rather play perfect dark & Doom
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
Quote by Don't Read This
have you put icy-hot on it?

Enjoy your warning.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by poopt
Bioshock is lolsauce. The developer was gloating on and on about all the new features and how it's going to revolutionize FPS...yet every single aspect in their features was already done on Half-Life 2. What a joke.

HL2 has roaming boss battles, giant bosses in diving suits protecting their 'little sisters, electricty, fire, telekinesis, trip lines, wind traps, something that makes the enemy fight for you, life-like water physics, spreading fire, mentally deranged enemies, awesome blood effects, burn damage, and the ability to hack into enemy drones?

Wow. I guess I should've bought the Special Edition like you did.
Quote by MightyAl
This will pwn the face off Halo 3.

i would buy a 360 for that game. halo is fun if you play online with a lot of people. playing through the levels got old quick
i dont even understand whats so bad about people saying icy hot and barrel roll anymore. sure its stupid, but enough to get them warned and/or banned? thats ridiculous. let people say what they want, it isnt something to be smart-assy about.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Quote by jackfromcs
HL2 has roaming boss battles, electricty, fire, something that makes the enemy fight for you, life-like water physics, spreading fire, mentally deranged enemies, burn damage

Wow. I guess I should've bought the Special Edition like you did.

Yes it did actually. And no, that's on the normal edition.

And seriously, your defense sucks so much. Of course HL2 is not going to have specific details that this game has...otherwise this game would be a complete plagiarized POS.

But all the revolutionary things such as "letting the player explore, enhanced AI, dynamic environment", etc, have already been done. There's nothing revolutionary about it.
Ive gotta start my job at McD's, then i've got a list of things i'm buying, with halo 3 and colin mcrae dirt on top.

D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by FrenchyFungus
Enjoy your warning.

I love you Frenchy

and I love these new rules.
Quote by poopt
Yes it did actually. And no, that's on the normal edition.

And seriously, your defense sucks so much. Of course HL2 is not going to have specific details that this game has...otherwise this game would be a complete plagiarized POS.

But all the revolutionary things such as "letting the player explore, enhanced AI, dynamic environment", etc, have already been done. There's nothing revolutionary about it.

Half Life 2's water physics were horrible, if didn't have burn damage on enemies, no conductive electricity, and no boss battles.

I have HL2 and it's a good game, but I know Bioshock will be better after playing the demo. Bioshock's AI is a lot better too. I've played HL2 through 5 or 6 times and the AI sucks. HL2 was a completely linear game. Bioshock is the most non-linear FPS to come out in a while. That's why it is going to be great.
Video games come out on Tuesdays, as do CDs and DVD releases.

Halo is alright, I mean it was like the first console shooter to do online stuff well, but Quake II did online and that was released in 1998 or something, so I don't see why Halo is as huge as it is. The AI isn't really that good, the campaign sucks hugely, the single-player levels are all really linear and the multiplayer levels are either formulaic or horrible. I guess the vehicles are cool, and you also get to listen to a 14-year old talk **** after team-killing you for the 5th time, so... there's that. The weapon balance is also pretty bad, if you get a rocket launcher or a sniper rifle and you know how to use it, most people won't stand much of a chance.

Oh, and here's the reason HL2 is the best shooter ever. Cutscenes in that game simply don't exist. You actually interact with characters who have a real-life-emotion facial modeling system and they actually "act" really well. It also featured burn damage and conductive electricity, did you play the level Ravenholm at all? And as far as AI, HL2's "team" AI is pretty darn good, although other games have done far better (like Rainbow Six series). I can't say a lot for enemy AI because half of your enemies are zombies, but there's something exceptionally creepy about seeing a zombified person on the roof a long ways away, and then seeing them leap from rooftop to rooftop as they charge at you. HL2 was the most atmospheric game ever.
Last edited by pratt121 at Aug 14, 2007,
Quote by jackfromcs
Half Life 2's water physics were horrible, if didn't have burn damage on enemies, no conductive electricity, and no boss battles.

I have HL2 and it's a good game, but I know Bioshock will be better after playing the demo. Bioshock's AI is a lot better too. I've played HL2 through 5 or 6 times and the AI sucks. HL2 was a completely linear game. Bioshock is the most non-linear FPS to come out in a while. That's why it is going to be great.

It did have burn damage on enemies and boss battles. And it did have conductive electricity, just not the kind that you can use as a weapon.

And I'm not saying Bioshock won't be a great game. It's just not revolutionary at all like people make it out to be.
Yeah sure as hell looks like it'll be no.1....

...That is until GTA 4 comes out
Member no.3 of the 'Jack Daniels is an Ignorant Prick' club
Quote by British_Steal
I'm way more excited about assassin's creed

+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by Grundy0
I love you Frenchy

and I love these new rules.

+1.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
+50,000,000 for Bioshock being awesome.

WTB a multiplayer mode though Usually I don't splash out that much money for a game without multiplayer, but since it's Bioshock I'll let it slip
Quote by IrishDude
Yeah sure as hell looks like it'll be no.1....

...That is until GTA 4 comes out

Are you talking about Halo 3 or xbox 360?

I think it will be bigger than Halo 3. Theres way too much hype about Halo 3, theres no way it will live up to all the rumors being said about it.

GTA is going to be on Xbox 360 too.

Its not GTA 4, its actually the 6th GTA if you dont count the PSP "stories"
Page 1 of 4