My poor doctor has been at his wits end with my tonsils. In 8 months he hasnt found any single cause for the .... 6 out breaks of tonsillitis I have had this year.

Glandular fever... Nope
HIV... Nope
HSV... Nope (Herpes simplex virus... Yes you can get it in your throat)
Strep throat... Nope
Other assorted ailments associated with tonsillitis.. Err nope.

Ive been on doxycycline, tetracycline, penecillin and other associtated antibotics...

His grand conclusion: Its viral...

Well... Okay fine but what one...

"I cant tell you, a lot of viruses cause it and you might need them taken out"

*Cue car tyres screeching to a halt."

"W... What?"

He repeats. "I need to do more tests but you might need them out."

"Oh... Okay"

Now I am the biggest hypochondriac on Earth. The slightest cold I think I have HIV... A headache has to be a brain tumour and if I have a pain in my arm, it must be broken.

He is saying I might need my tonsils out. I live England and if the reports are to be believed... I will get a hospital super bug like MRSA or C. Dificile.

I am genuinely scared of hospitals. I spent 4 hours at the Royal Free Hospital and another 6 hours at Barnet General and I was shocked at how dirty the hospital was. There were surgical gloves and unclean blood on the floor and reception desk.... Ew!

I dont see myself having this operation, but Im gonna have to...

So.. Has anyone had their tonsils out and what is it like?
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Mine were removed and I have the deepest, sexiest voice alive now. Deeper than a fat black man.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Get Your Damn Tonsils Taken Out Bit Ch
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
.... I may need to mention... I get panic attacks when a ever a nurse comes at me with a needle to draw blood ... Damn... I hate blood... Tonsils out is asking a bit much..

All I need to know is, how painful is it on a scale of childbirth (mild pain) to having your balls ripped off by a rabid dog with acid in its mouth (excruciating)
not that bad your under the whole time it takes like an hour and a half
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
get them taken out you will never get sick again.
Or of course you could just rub Icy Hot on them...

it doesnt hurt at all, just eating and talking hurts afterwards. Eat Kraft Dinner after
How long does it take before the pain subsides...
only the first week it actually hurts, the second week is a sore throat. Although i had to stay in the hospital for a while after because i couldnt eat any food, not even jello, without throwing up, but i was only like 6. I got my adnoids taken out too but i dont know what the hell those are. I have gotten toncilitis since though so thats the plus side.

oh and by the way i signed a waver because the doctor told me i had a 65 % chance of contracting HIV from the tools. I was a lucky one.
Quote by Tedward
only the first week it actually hurts, the second week is a sore throat. Although i had to stay in the hospital for a while after because i couldnt eat any food, not even jello, without throwing up, but i was only like 6. I got my adnoids taken out too but i dont know what the hell those are. I have gotten toncilitis since though so thats the plus side.

oh and by the way i signed a waver because the doctor told me i had a 65 % chance of contracting HIV from the tools. I was a lucky one.

Way to tell a hypochondriac that!