This could be crazy/impossible/tried & failed, but would it be possible to create an OS that ran off a Live CD/USB Key, purely to emulate a console, thus making it faster & more reliable?
Most modern computers these days have multiple times the RAM and CPU resources of a PS2, yet emulation software is still slow and buggy. Would a standalone OS that could be loaded into RAM (with an optional swap partition) be faster/more reliable/easier?
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
Well don't know about PS2 but most hand-helds are emulated rather well and N64 is too.
Military use of children?

Infantry.
Where could I get a good N64 emulator ? I want to play Goldeneye....
There is poetry in despair.
reliable? yes. you can't change system settings. better? no. you couldn't customize anything.

many linux distros have livecd's. ubuntu's the most favored, but there's mandrake move (i didn't like mandrake), i think suse has a livecd, and many, many others.

most of these do not have game console emulators though.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Quote by fridge_raider
Where could I get a good N64 emulator ? I want to play Goldeneye....

Google Project 64
Military use of children?

Infantry.
Quote by DougC84
reliable? yes. you can't change system settings. better? no. you couldn't customize anything.

many linux distros have livecd's. ubuntu's the most favored, but there's mandrake move (i didn't like mandrake), i think suse has a livecd, and many, many others.

most of these do not have game console emulators though.

I meant an actual OS that was JUST an emulator-esque OS
Quote by purplegreendave
I meant an actual OS that was JUST an emulator-esque OS

i dunno. write one? :-)
it actually wouldn't be that hard to script in flash if you know actionscript. just change xp's shell to the flash app you make.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Quote by DougC84
i dunno. write one? :-)
it actually wouldn't be that hard to script in flash if you know actionscript. just change xp's shell to the flash app you make.

flash.....???
dude, no. just no. flash cant touch what those pcs2 guys are doin
There is DSL wich doesnt require instalation and can be used from a USB/Cd.

Its a Linux distribution from roughly 50 MB

Used it a few times in school to annoy people
Quote by Tyson2011
d von is truly one of the pit.

Quote by 09phillt
Good God Man What's Wrong With You!?
Quote by purplegreendave
This could be crazy/impossible/tried & failed, but would it be possible to create an OS that ran off a Live CD/USB Key, purely to emulate a console, thus making it faster & more reliable?
Most modern computers these days have multiple times the RAM and CPU resources of a PS2, yet emulation software is still slow and buggy. Would a standalone OS that could be loaded into RAM (with an optional swap partition) be faster/more reliable/easier?

unless you have riped the OS off the console in the first place you might have a chance. but you have to be a good hacker for that and u'd be breaking the copyright
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way