Hey, I am thinking of asking for an electric guitar for my birthday coming up in September. So far I have only played acoustic, so this will be my first electric. I was wondering if you would reccomend any good begginer guitars that I could ask for. Nothing too expensive. Also, I am going to need an amp, so if you could reccomend one of those too...
“My vocation is more in composition really than anything else - building up harmonies using the guitar, orchestrating the guitar like an army, a guitar army.”- Jimmy Page
What music do you like?

For the amp, you should get either a Microcube or a Vox DA5 .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
What music do you like?

For the amp, you should get either a Microcube or a Vox DA5 .

Classic rock, metal, punk, anything but modern rock.
“My vocation is more in composition really than anything else - building up harmonies using the guitar, orchestrating the guitar like an army, a guitar army.”- Jimmy Page
go with an ESP LTD model....

the M100fm or the M50 are good....for a les paul look u can go for the EC50

or u can always just go with epiphone....lol
i need a bishop preaching fire to get away with my sins...i despise everything i see so i dont give a fuck if ya HATE ME!
The Dean XMs are pretty decent cheap guitars.

If you don't mind buying speedloader strings, a very good guitar for the price (it used to be priced over $400) is the Floyd Rose Discovery Series DSF-2
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Yeah! Go for a LTD ESP Guitar. Cheap and sounds cool! I would also reccomend VOX AD15VT (15W). The AD15 got great clean sound, and also many effects. Everything from pure clean, to pretty heavy stuff
meh you dont need anything special. just get a fende/ibanez starter pack. guitar + amp for < $300
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
^Except the guitars are crappy and the amps are crappy.

You can really do better than getting a pack.
Quote by utsapp89