I was at my local shop to take my guitar in for a setup and the owner was talking with some delivery dude about amp packaging. There was a big Marshall Tube Head on the counter... I don't know why, the dude keeps all the stuff he does maintence on on the counter ~___~... but anyways, he took a Line 6 Spider III out of the boxes and stated how well they package these amps, while Marshall doesn't quite do as well with their TUBE HEADS. Over a thousand dollars for something that gets less protection than an amp for a few hundred?
I guess that's sad, I mean, if it gets to me in one working piece, I don't really care... but then again, I'm not a Marshall player anyway...
Gear:
2007 American Stratocaster (Baby Blue Nitro)
2005 John Mayer Stratocaster (Sunburst)
2003 Godin Flat Five (Flamed Maple)
1967 American Stratocaster (Black Nitro)
1960 American Stratocaster (Olympic White Nitro)
well its true, my spider was brilliantly packed. marshalls a big company, why waste money on packaging 8-)
i have a spider 2 and that thing was full of foam and packing peanuts and all this crazy stuff. you could literally drop it out of a 1st story window.
They package them so nicely because they don't need anymore returned than they already get because of the above average tone produced from these excellent amps.
Quote by Slim_bob.Billy
They package them so nicely because they don't need anymore returned than they already get because of the above average tone produced from these excellent amps.

....What?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
....What?

I think he means that Marshall doesn't spend as much on packaging as Line 6 because people are more likely to return the Spider than the tube head.

Right?