What're some bands that are similar to Cannibal Corpse, but don't have the perverse lyrics? Of course, I don't mind gore, but the stuff like "I cum blood" and stuff just grosses me out...a lot.

Stuff with growling, i don't really like screaming in death metal...
Quote by devourthekitten
I don't mind gore, but the stuff like "I cum blood" and stuff just grosses me out...a lot.

But devouring kittens doesn't?
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
hahahaha cannibal corpse lyrics give me boners

try necrophagist though
I play a guitar strung with Yngwie's chest hair
the red chord, strapping young lad, job for a cowboy,Lamb of god(less heavy nut just as good.),3 inches of blood,dublin death patrol,amon amarth,machine head,necrophagist,cattle decapitation,skinlab,hammerfall(they are more like 80s metal tho) thats a few to get ya started.
Quote by BHC zoley
hahahaha cannibal corpse lyrics give me boners

try necrophagist though

necrophagist is tech death, not the same, but yeah, you might like it [(everyone in here does)
You're gonna love these guys!
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Why do you care what the lyrics are about? I listen to the music because it is good music. Yeah, their lyrics are disgusting, but that's great about them. If you get grossed out by it, then you take the lyrics too serious. You also may be a pussy as well. Just ignore the lyrics and listen to the music. I don't even know half of their lyrics, but they are one of my favorite death metal bands because of the music, not because of the lyrics.
the red chord, strapping young lad, job for a cowboy,Lamb of god(less heavy nut just as good.),3 inches of blood,dublin death patrol,amon amarth,machine head,necrophagist,cattle decapitation,skinlab,hammerfall(they are more like 80s metal tho) thats a few to get ya started.

fail fail fail fail fail!

go to the recommendation thread!
u guys forgot behemoth. a skull crushing band that i definitly reccomend. get their cd called demigod, u won't regret it.
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
Hate Eternal anybody?
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Quote by burrit0
I find Hate Eternal extremely generic and boring...

omgomgomgx

U r tolly controversal universal.
I've found Jesus
Quote by burrit0
I find Hate Eternal extremely generic and boring...

Listen again.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
Quote by Contraband
omgomgomgx

U r tolly controversal universal.

Contraband, will you be my friend?
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
these bands aren't necessarily like cannibal corpse, but are some of the best death metal around.

obituary, death, cynic, atheist, suffocation, morbid angel, vader, nile
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
Lamb of god is just as good as Cannibal Corpse and I wear white studded belts so people can see me better at A7X shows while I karate mosh during the breakdowns with my comb over.
Edit: I like men.

Failure
Last edited by King ofKumbucha at Aug 15, 2007,
Quote by burrit0
God forbid I have an opinion...

Worse, the metal forum forbids it

Edit: I say worse because the forum actually exists and God is a fairytale spread by the corrupt Christian regime to keep you in line and under it's control! 666 kvlt br00tal grvm etc...
Last edited by King ofKumbucha at Aug 15, 2007,
Quote by burrit0

my bad...
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
Blood Red Throne sounds pretty similar to new CC.

New CC doesn't have nearly as much of the really gross out **** though. Just mostly violence. Listen to Deicide, Morbid Angel, all that. Honestly, you can't understand what Cannibal Corpse says anyway (on the old stuff at least).
Quote by burrit0

Opinions are like assholes we all have them, and on most occasions they stink.

C.C makes good instrumentals, not diggin the lyrics though, theres no meaning behind them besides being brutal. any one know of any good Instrumental Death/metal bands?
a newer band that gives off the old school style death metal IMO is Dead Beyond Buried. they sound like cannibal corpse to me.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
The only band I can think of is Suffocation, but then they don't really come close.

Wait wait wait... What the fuck are we doing?

*reported*

Use the rec thread.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Quote by King ofKumbucha
^You like SFU? I personally think they are one of the worst DM bands I have ever heard.

Nah i don't actually i think they are boring as f()ck
but they kinda sound like CC