hi,

sorry if this has been asked before, but i've spent the last couple of hours searching for an answer to this: is it possible to add mini humbuckers to a guitar that has standard sized humbuckers already installed? are there conversion mounting rings available or is this just not possible? since i'm taking my guitars to college, i'm not willing to buy a gibson firebird V. i was hoping to buy an epi firebird studio and replace the HBs with minis (it comes w/ alnico full-sized HBs already in it).

thanks for any help!

ps: are there any full sized PUs that anyone could recommend that would give a similar sound?
you could make your own pickup rings and install them
Quote by -Atticus-

oh and btw how do u put a quote in ur sig??
what is unique about the mini hb sound? then i can help, i think
basically, its sound fits between a full-sized humbucker and a single coil. the sound is "brighter and livelier" than that of a regular HB without the noise and harshness that a single coil offers.
i guess that i could possibly try a p94 since it's basically a p90 that's the same size as a regular humbucker.

any ideas as to how i could make a custom ring to fit a mini into a regular HB slot? would this even be worth it? i really like the sound of a firebird w/ mini HBs over that of a studio w/ full HBs. does anyone have another alternative?

thanks!
Quote by forsaknazrael
Mini HBs are a little longer than a normal HB, I believe...There would be routing involved.
A mini HB is slightly shorter than a normal HB.

SC sized HBs are longer.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
i checked allparts.com. i saw the mini HBs etc, but i didn't see any rings that would make them fit in an HB sized slot.
^ Tremolo covers would be the best. You'd definatly be able to get two covers out of a trem cover.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club