i guess its a pretty common thing. but i havent really been able to fall asleep lately. ill lie awake for like an hour or more until i fall asleep. and when i do i always wake up at least once in the middle of the night and im always extremely thirty. its very irritating. what are some suggestions to help me fall asleep faster and sleepbetter.
Have a wank just before you go to bed.
Have a work out on the day?
Quote by fenderbassist12
i guess its a pretty common thing. but i havent really been able to fall asleep lately. ill lie awake for like an hour or more until i fall asleep. and when i do i always wake up at least once in the middle of the night and im always extremely thirty. its very irritating. what are some suggestions to help me fall asleep faster and sleepbetter.

Yeah, I hate it sometimes when I wake up and I feel very thirty, but luckily when I fall back asleep and wake up again, I feel more twenty.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by Izz
Have a wank just before you go to bed.

a good wank is always the asnwer. also...have you tried putting icy-hot on it? (it had to be said)
keep a glass of water at bedside. also turn on your radio to some blues or light jazz works like a lullybye. get a better matress maybe? warmer blankets?
sleeping pills
I have no gear worth mentioning

And my skills match my gear's worth

man....
if you're open to it...get high before you go to bed. way back when marijuana was more of medicinal herb for native peoples, it was used to treat all sorts of things including insomnia. i know it works for me anyways. obviously if this doesn't fall in line with your own political or religious beliefs, just disregard it...
Quote by fenderbassist12
sleep

i guess its a pretty common thing.

got that right kiddo
Quote by Metal-X
Yeah, I hate it sometimes when I wake up and I feel very thirty, but luckily when I fall back asleep and wake up again, I feel more twenty.

haha
Quote by moonhawk
a good wank is always the asnwer. also...have you tried putting icy-hot on it? (it had to be said)

No it didn't. You just killed a part of me.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
i read and listen to music before i go to sleep it usualy works
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
Quote by uhh_me?
got that right kiddo

That was nice
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by Metal-X

LMFAO
Quote by Sagdiyev
This man's an anal masturbator, he knows what he's talking about.
What do you do all day?

If you just sit around home all day, then you're not falling asleep because you're not tired. Add working out into your schedule. Or at least a long walk.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by fenderbassist12

Oh Boo-fucking-hoo, does baby want his bottle?!

That's been a normal night for me for the last 5 years, except replace the '1 hour' with '3-4 hours', and replace the 'wake up at least once' to 'at least three times'.
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
Quote by PurpleMonkeyDW

That's been a normal night for me for the last 5 years, except replace the '1 hour' with '3-4 hours', and replace the 'wake up at least once' to 'at least three times'.

well aint that a bitch.

seriously dude no need to get all ****ing hyped up.

this is the pit not the confessional.
Last edited by Slash Jr. at Aug 14, 2007,
Quote by Metaphysics
if you're open to it...get high before you go to bed. way back when marijuana was more of medicinal herb for native peoples, it was used to treat all sorts of things including insomnia. i know it works for me anyways. obviously if this doesn't fall in line with your own political or religious beliefs, just disregard it...

This man speaks the truth.
Quote by H(i)SS
extremely thirty? that is the perfect title for a bad movie

And for falling asleep, just masterbate. It takes my mind off stuff. Then when I'm done, I'm so exausted I just fall right asleep.
The.
Quote by Metal-X

Quote by Doolittle
I don't sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death

I should've seen that coming!
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Watching TV before I sleep helps worlds for me. Usually I just watch until I'm tired which thankfully doesn't take long.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
To be honest, what helped me was a Mg of Xanax. Take that a little bit before you want to sleep, then just curl up and drift off.

For non-drug methods, basically try to make yourself as comfortable as possible. If you have sheets on your bed (preferrably white), leave them uncovered all day, and put a little baby powder over it when you want to sleep. The sheets will be more comfortable from the powder, and they should be cool from being unconvered. Then you can wrap up in your blankets for that comforting warmth. Simple stuff like that works wonders.

When you're falling asleep, try to lie on your side or stomach, so your mouth is more likely to stay closed. You'll probably drool a little, but you won't wake up with a banana for a tongue. If you want to lay on your back, you could prop yourself up a bit and/or rest the blankets under your chin so your mouth doesn't open too easily.

I suggest setting your alarm for a slightly early time too. Even if you're not doing much during the day, waking up earlier will help to get you tired more easily, and also prepared for school/work when you need to get up early. Also, no naps during the day, unless you're staying out late or something. Naps can ruin a sleeping cycle quite easily. If it's getting a bit late and you know you're not going to fall asleep, take a walk, or workout, or take a shower, anything that will make you more tired or comfortable.

As you can see, I have far too much time on my hands, but, a handful of painkillers is helping me get comfortable at the moment, so the best of luck to you.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
Quote by Metaphysics

This man is wise...
get a job and stop staying on the computer talking of you problems
|----------------------0--|
|----------------------0--|
|-------------------------|
|--2----------2-----------|
|-----2----4-----4-4------|
|--------0----------------|

Just a little "Spanish Sastle Magic"
^hey chill im 14 i cant get a job. and if i shouldnt be on the comp talking about my problems then you shouldnt be on replying to them. so next time just dont say anything.
Quote by PurpleMonkeyDW

Quote by PurpleMonkeyDW

That sums THAT up.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
dude i am the exact same way. i've found that when you try to go to sleep, you stay up. the same works vice versa, try to stay up,, and a little later you will be asleep. if ythat doesn't work, pills, pills, the wonderful pills, the more you take the more you die.
I Like My Music Like I Like My Life

EVERYTHING LOUDER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE!
Quote by fenderbassist12
and when i do i always wake up at least once in the middle of the night and im always extremely thirty. its very irritating.

...i have relatives who are thirty... got a problem?
ehh