So, Im asking whats the difference between straight and angled cabs? Is there a difference in tone? Obviously theres a difference in shape... but......... Does it affect how it sounds? Thanks again
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
the a is if you are just using a half stack, the b is a little larger and heavier and is the bottom cab on a full stack normally

I doubt there's any tonal difference, just placement if you have a full stack
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
But what if you want to get the B for a half stack? What would that do? Just the look?? I mean.. IdK but I personally like just the straight cabs
My Gear:
Peavey 6505 Amp

Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Roland Cube 60
the b cab will shoot the sound more straight forward, while the a will shoot it up a bit more. ive also heard the b has slightly more bass

I have a stright cab only and I like it alot
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
Some people notice a difference in the way the sound is projected, but your ears have to be very good to notice the difference. I tried both out at a guitar store, and couldn't hear a difference when standing 10-15 feet from the amp.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
generally if you are going to have a half stack, its better to have a angled cab. i forgot why but im pretty sure thats mostly true
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Sweet thanks guys! I also heard that the B's have slightly more bass, but thats ok , I can adjust Thanks alot
My Gear:
Peavey 6505 Amp

Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Roland Cube 60
I know why its better to have an angled , because the top speakers project the sound upward hitting off of walls and ceilings (If in a room) So you get sound EVERYWHERE not just going straight forward, so theres more sound and tone in the room
My Gear:
Peavey 6505 Amp

Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Roland Cube 60
A slant cab is designed to be used alone or as the top of a stack. It's upper two speakers ar angeled towards your head, which allows you to hear yourself on stage. The angle also projects sound upwards and supposedly 'fills' the venue more. A straight cab is a straight baffle and projects sound straight foward.

In my opinion, there really isn't much of a difference... I mean, you're probally better off using an angeled cab for a halfstack, but if you like the look of a straight cab then go for it. Personally I like using two straight cabs stacked up, they look more symetrical [sp?].

If you're running a full stack, and most of the players here don't, then it really doesn't matter if the top cab is angeled or not. It's top speakers are 5 and a half feet in the air, which is high enough to project sound over the crowd and also towards your head.

There is one advantage of having an angeled cab on top of a stack or by it's self, you can turn it on it's side and it projects the sound left and right, creating a wider range of sound. This can dramatically increase the volume of your amp to the left and right, since most amps are really uni-directional.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
I use the 1960b just because of the fact that, I don't think, the 1960a comes with casters on it, which makes it harder to move around. At least when I bought mine, the 1960a didn't have casters, maybe they do now or that one just sucked at life, who knows.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I use the 1960b just because of the fact that, I don't think, the 1960a comes with casters on it, which makes it harder to move around. At least when I bought mine, the 1960a didn't have casters, maybe they do now or that one just sucked at life, who knows.

they all come with castors
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
Quote by Adio_stack
they all come with castors

Well when I went to Guitar Center and bought mine (few years ago), none of the 1960a cabs had casters on them, wtf kind of deal is this? Stupid Guitar Center, oh well, not like I care anyway, I like the straight cab look better
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Well when I went to Guitar Center and bought mine (few years ago), none of the 1960a cabs had casters on them, wtf kind of deal is this? Stupid Guitar Center, oh well, not like I care anyway, I like the straight cab look better

exactly, the straight cab looks better, oh well ill just get the angled I couldn't care less, sound quality over looks!!!!!!!
My Gear:
Peavey 6505 Amp

Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Roland Cube 60
my 1960b tends to be very focused when you sit infront of it, but you do lose a lot of the high end especially when you are standing up. I constantly am fiddling to change the tones because i cant hear the amp so well. You could angle it on something but the head would have to go somewhere else. They do look cool in this slayer video at the end tho.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFTEcmqpXg8
Quote by MatrixClaw

Because casters are removable, and come in a little bag separate from the amp. They can also be annoying to put in and take out, so the GC guys probably just left them in the box.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Eh a slanted cab fill up the room better so some people say because the top two speakers but ehh not much difference. I think half stacks (such as mine) look weird when its a head on a straight cab.