What's the most metal (but still has cleans) head/cab? Money's not really an issue but under 2k would be nice...
This is really not my area of expertize, so any help is greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Gear:
-------------------------------
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko
Dude, if you already have the capo just put it behind the nut and it lowers everything.

n00bS....
I wish people would stop asking this question... There isn't a "Most Metal" amp, that's all opinion.

ENGL Powerball
ENGL Fireball
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Dual Recto
Peavey 5150/6505

Any decent cab loaded with Vintage 30s (Mesa, Vader, Avatar, Marshall, etc...)
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
mesa all the way!
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by Leftyguitar51
I meant what would be the best for metal... as opossed to a real nice blues or country amp.

Ok, which head out of these would be best:
Peavey JSX
Peavey 6505
Engl Powerball

Or is it (at this point) personal preference.

JSX, a lot think is more voiced for shred and really isn't a more "metal" amp, I beg to differ, but whatever. I like the JSX, it has a nice sound and has a built in gate.

The 6505 has as much gain as you'll ever need, great amp, I own a 5150, but I'm actually selling it to get a Mark III.

The Powerball will be hard for you to try out as there's not many ENGL dealers in the US (but there IS more than 1, contrary to popular belief). I've never tried one, but I've heard if you want brutal metal tones, but still a lot of versatility, the Powerball is the way to go.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Alright. I'll try to find a Powerball somewhere... Will the shipping cost more than the **** head??? They're out of Germany right?

Gear:
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko
Dude, if you already have the capo just put it behind the nut and it lowers everything.

n00bS....
not under 2k, but i doubt you'll ever need more gain than a bogner uberschall. *drools*
Quote by Leftyguitar51
Alright. I'll try to find a Powerball somewhere... Will the shipping cost more than the **** head??? They're out of Germany right?

Yes, they are, but if you order online, buy from rocksolidamps.com, they're the dealer in Florida. I believe they have a 3 day trial period in which, if you don't like the amp, you can send it back to them and be refunded, though you probably have to pay shipping back.

Shipping shouldn't be too bad, it only costs $70 or so to ship my 5150 combo, so to ship the head it's gotta be cheaper, unless it somehow weighs more than 85lbs
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Yeah, I expexted there dealer to be in Cali or up in the North East. I was surprised when I went to their dealer page.

My family and I used to go to Florida every year... ...then I wouldn't have to pay shipping. OWell

Thanks

PS - Anything or anyone I want to avoid in cabs? Certain companies or certain products.
Any suggestions???

Gear:
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko

n00bS....
im not sure what cabs to avoid, but like others said, go with anything with celestion vintage 30s, like the marshall 1960, i think it runs around $650, imo, best cab on the market for metal, but celestions can still render great cleans. i'd just get that offa musiciansfriend.com
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Engl SE is the daddy of Metal amps although there's obviously personal preference yada yada yada. I dunno how its cleans are but they'd do the job more than likely since most Engls have good cleans.
Ibanez RG2570
Engl Screamer 50 Combo
Keeley Flexi TS-9
EH Metal Muff
Quote by ^Aquila^
Engl SE is the daddy of Metal amps although there's obviously personal preference yada yada yada. I dunno how its cleans are but they'd do the job more than likely since most Engls have good cleans.

Yes, it is I haven't owned a amp that is better for metal yet. It's cleans are just as awesome as it's distortion is. It can go from some nice warm cleans to a nice sparkling clean with just alittle eq and the hitting of some buttons.
Gear:
Guitars: BC Rich.
Amps: Diezel, Engl & Peavey.
Cabinets: Bogner & Diezel.
Miscellaneous: ISP Decimator Pro Rack G.
Mesa Rectifier (any of them)
Mesa Mark IV
Diezel VH4
ENGL Powerball

Any of those will do.

I like a mix between C-90's and V30's in a Mesa cab.
Check Out:Stack Of Noises
My SoundClick

Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Rectoverb
American Fender Limited Edition
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Jackson Professional Rhoads EX EMGs
Pod XT Live
Marshall AVT20
1984 Peavey Pacer
Boss NS-2
Quote by MatrixClaw
I wish people would stop asking this question... There isn't a "Most Metal" amp, that's all opinion.

ENGL Powerball
ENGL Fireball
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Dual Recto
Peavey 5150/6505

agreed. peavey 5150 doesn't have that great cleans, though. framus, diezel, koch, soldano, etc., etc. loads of options.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Marshall TSL100 you can do it all. And it not just a heavy sound, it is also very clear
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Quote by JLT73
Marshall TSL100 you can do it all. And it not just a heavy sound, it is also very clear

No.
Ibanez RG2570
Engl Screamer 50 Combo
Keeley Flexi TS-9
EH Metal Muff
Quote by ^Aquila^
No.

Yes!
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
no
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Krank Krankesteins kicks ass!!! After all, it was designed by Dime.
Currently in blues mode.
I despise Dime's tone.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by mustaine34
Krank Krankesteins kicks ass!!! After all, it was designed by Dime.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Kranks Distortion sounds worse than my Digitech Metal Master pedal.
Check Out:Stack Of Noises
My SoundClick

Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Rectoverb
American Fender Limited Edition
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Jackson Professional Rhoads EX EMGs
Pod XT Live
Marshall AVT20
1984 Peavey Pacer
Boss NS-2
Dont rule out the Carvin V3 (no one EVER mentions this amp).
I just took delivery of the 2x12 combo on Tuesday and will NEVER go back to Mesa again. They're (Mesa) awesome amps and do their thing, no doubt, but the V3 kicks the Triple Rectifiers ass for a fraction of the cost AND you get more features AND it doesnt take two days to dial in a good tone.
Everyone keeps mentioning Bogner, Diezel, ENGl, Framus...I'll bet more than half of those mentioning those brands have never been in a store that even sold them let alone had enough time with one to give an honest review.
V3 - 999.99 shipped.
Ever tried to retube a Triple Rec? Better sell some gear to pay for that one...
Just my thoughts.