Alright, so i just picked up and old 70's silverface fender bassman head for $200. Cosmetically, it's in desperate need of a fix up, but otherwise it sounds really good. However, it could sound worlds better with a set of new power tubes and i'm curious to see what tubes you guys would recommend.

Oh, and I would be using this as a bass amp
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold."
i jsut redid mine, is yours one with or without a master volume. how many watts? mine has no master adn its 50 watts. i put the original type of tubes in it. it sounds awesome, you have to realy crank it to get od, but i really love the sound. very nice cleans.

oh i didnt see that your using it for bass. hmmm, i dont know haha sorry
Quote by chea_man
i jsut redid mine, is yours one with or without a master volume. how many watts? mine has no master adn its 50 watts. i put the original type of tubes in it. it sounds awesome, you have to realy crank it to get od, but i really love the sound. very nice cleans.

oh i didnt see that your using it for bass. hmmm, i dont know haha sorry

Haha, na man it's cool.

As for your questions, yeah it has a master volume, and I believe it's 100 watts.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold."
i would just put the original type of tubes in it. the 70s bassmans, from what i understand, are really great bass amps. much better than the other eras. (im only speaking for these amps when used for bass)
it does make a great guitar amp too. i suggest to everyone to buy up silver face era fedner amps now while their still cheap, they will be more sought after in 10 or so years.
^ Nah, the Silverfaces don't have a good reputation, because they were built with cheaper parts because of the CBS takeover. The price may go up, but they are only valuable to collecters really, because they are not as good as the black faces. Still good amps IMO though.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
i'll definitely take a '59 Bassman lol. but that would never happen... :/

Bassman are all nice tho. i mean, compare it with other amps. they ARE nice.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard