165 63%
PS1
80 30%
Voters: 263.
Page 1 of 3
The Dreamcast

The N64

The PS1

So what's the better system in your opinion?
Founder of The Reverend Maynard Club-save the carrots!
PM me or diminishedfaith to join.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye
im a nintendo fanboy. N64 ftw

but dreamcast was pretty ****ing dank aswell.

hell the ps1 was the **** too...

damn it i cant decide
I LIKE Josh Klinghoffer

"Mr. Lippman of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join."

Frusciante for President in '08
N64, my friends and I spent countless hours on SSB, Mario Party, and Mario Kart. It also had Harvest Moon 64, Turok, and Super Mario 64. Games now just don't live up to these games.
NINTENDO SIXTY FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUR!
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
N64 was king but dreamcast came out of nowhere on me and I remember being a wide eyed kid and having my mind blowwwn by sonic adventure...
Wait, 64 had Kart, Mario 64, Zelda, etc. etc. Win.
Quote by burrit0
N64, my friends and I spent countless hours on SSB, Mario Party, and Mario Kart. It also had Harvest Moon 64, Turok, and Super Mario 64. Games now just don't live up to these games.

I think games are getting better all the time.

You do have to appreciate the great stories, gameplay, and innovations that have paved the way for the games of today.
Dreamcast.Best.System.Ever.

Although the 64 is awesome, but outside of Nintendo and Rareware 95% of its games suck. And the Playstation is overrated, but it did have some great games especially since I love rpg's.
One number: 007
By reading this magnificently and wonderful, adjective-filled signature, you have just wasted approximately 7 seconds of your life.
PS1 had discs and an innovative technology
N64 had mario 64, pokemon snap, zelda series, super smash bros, starfox 64, perfect dark, goldeneye...
Good games > Good technology

Though PS has the best RPG's
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by ECistheBest
007 Goldeneye

Even though Goldeneye is my favourite video game ever. It gave me my first lessons in opponent rape . I still pick the PSX
Dreamcast.

No contest.

I love my PSX, and I LOOOOOOVED my N64, but the Dreamcast was king.

If it had been given the chance to TRULY shine, and had better third party support, I truly believe Sega would still be a major contender in the console market.

I think that, if they could supply the funds, that if they decided to make a Dreamcast 2, and get massive support for it, it could be at least #2 in a console war.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by RandyVanHendrix
Am I the only one who is Sega and Nintendo fanboy at the same time?

Meh. I'm sure you're not.

I'm a fanboy to no company, but I love both Sega and Nintendo.

Quote by JC13
N64, Orcarina of Time = OWN.. Goldeneye = OWN, Mario = OWN...

ps1 had like.. need for speed and non-cartoony characters.. And Dreamcast, I never played.. seriously nobody I know has ever played it.

PSX- Metal Gear Solid= OWN. Crash Bandicoot= OWN. Tekken 3= OWN. Gran Turismo= OWN. Spyro= OWN.

Dreamcast- Crazy Taxi= OWN. Typing of the Dead= OWN. Power Stone > SSB. OWN.

They all had their crazy awesome killer apps.

Saxo-Walrus

Last edited by fallenangel20 at Aug 14, 2007,
i dont care what anyone says, zelda ocarina of time and majoras mask were peices of art... as well with super smash bros.
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
Quote by fallenangel20
Meh. I'm sure you're not.

I'm a fanboy to no company, but I love both Sega and Nintendo.

PSX- Metal Gear Solid= OWN. Crash Bandicoot= OWN. Tekken 3= OWN. Gran Turismo= OWN. Spyro= OWN.

Dreamcast- Crazy Taxi= OWN. Typing of the Dead= OWN. Power Stone > SSB. OWN.

They all had their crazy awesome killer apps.

I was just joking about being a fanboy to them, I'm just a big fan of both companies
Quote by RandyVanHendrix
I was just joking about being a fanboy to them, I'm just a big fan of both companies

Yea. I know.

But there's nothing wrong with being a fanboy as long as you don't get extreme about it.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by Smitty101
I'm the only Soul Reaver fan here?!
GODDAMN...

I've only played a demo a long time ago, and I wasn't old enough to really understand how to play, I guess, because I could never figure out what to do.

I would love to find an old copy of it and play through it, though.

Saxo-Walrus

64 easily, for everything that nintendo and rare released, you really couldnt go wrong.

the only thing that the ps1 had over the 64 were games like grand tourismo and final fantasy. **** load times anyway
Games of complete ownage

Dreamcast:Shenmue(most underrated game ever) Soul Calibur, Skies of Arcadia(one of the best rpg's ever, also very underrated), Sonic Adventure 1 &2, and the VMU memory card thing had great potential...

N64:Super Mario 64, Zelda OoT, Super Smash Bros. Donky Kong 64, Star Fox 64(DO A BARREL ROLL!) Turok, Banjo-Kazooie, Blast Corps. Goldeneye 007, Paper Mario, Conker's Bad Fur Day, and Diddy Kong Racers
Last edited by RandyVanHendrix at Aug 15, 2007,
Quote by fallenangel20
I've only played a demo a long time ago, and I wasn't old enough to really understand how to play, I guess, because I could never figure out what to do.

I would love to find an old copy of it and play through it, though.

check a pawnshop.
i actually got my copy at zellars, i think it was, not too long ago. they still sell dreamcast games surprisingly.
Playstation: Metal Gear Solid, Motorhead (one of the best racers ever, IMO), Gran Turismo, Gran Turismo 2, Soul Reaver, Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, Spyro the Dragon, Crash Bandicoot series, Legends of Dragoon, Final Fantasy series, Parasite Eve, Battle Arena Toshinden series, Tekken series, Alexia Lalas Soccer, Rayman series, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, Resident Evil series, Twisted Metal series, Silent Hill, Tomb Raider, etc.

Holy shit, I had forgotten how many good games there were on PSX. o_O

Saxo-Walrus

Dreamcast definately after i lost all my games i thought it was over but i found out how to burn games off the net on my un modded dreamcast and i can play all my snes games on my DC too Emulation FTW
Quote by RandyVanHendrix
Games of complete ownage

Dreamcast:Shenmue(most underrated game ever) Soul Calibur, Skies of Arcadia(one of the best rpg's ever, also very underrated), Sonic Adventure 1 &2, and the VMU memory card thing had great potential...

N64:Super Mario 64, Zelda OoT, Super Smash Bros. Donky Kong 64, Star Fox 64(DO A BARREL ROLL!) Turok, Banjo-Kazooie, Blast Corps. Goldeneye 007, Conker's Bad Fur Day, and Diddy Kong Racers

N64 plus: mario kart, perfect dark, f-zero, mario golf and mario tennis (despite being mario-fied still probably the best golf and tennis games of the generation) and donkey kong 64. and i feel like im missing something still... PILOT WINGS!

EDIT:
Quote by garden of grey
Ps1 was WAY more innovative than the others.

If you can remember the days before the PS1 and the ones after it, you should know. The (successful) disc changed gaming a ton.

N64 was still fun though. Might go play some now.

what about analogue control and rumble features? CDs were a big essential step towards the future but the cds themselves werent very good IMO far too many excruciating load times for me. im sure a 2 minute or so wait between each area in the legend of zelda would have taken away from the game a great deal
Last edited by Diamond Dave at Aug 15, 2007,
but without the n64 there would be no barrel rolls

anyways the dreamcast went from epic to epic fail very quickly...

sony got its revenge on nintendo with the ps2

n64 ftw!
ehh
Three words:

Phantasy Star Online.
Member #12 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Page 1 of 3