Has anyone ever done this if so what speaker. I love my amp but it can sound a little mushy i guess on the low end any suggestions
what kind of tone do you want, what size speaker, and what value impedance?

answer those. look into weber, eminence, or celestion. but celestion is on the expensive side.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Celestion are rather nice speakers... just make sure its the correct size, has the same pattern matching holes, and (very important) matches the ohm rating for your amp... Very important that you match that... if you dont your amp wont work and it could blow
i play mostly blues, classic rock but i also like to get into some darker metalish tones but to get that i have to use my ts9 for a gain boost. like i say its not bad as it is but i would like a little more less mushy mainly on the bottom so maybe a speaker with a little more power handling?.....It has a 10" speaker 8ohm and a 30 watt power rating on the amp
Last edited by mitchp420 at Aug 15, 2007,
after looking around im interrested in the eminence ragin cajun it is 8ohm(what i need) but rated at 75watt rms my amp is only 30watts would this be too high or just harder to damage at loud volume?
I have the 50 watt valvetronix VOX amp, and im pretty sure it comes with a celestion speaker
Quote by Wilki
I have the 50 watt valvetronix VOX amp, and im pretty sure it comes with a celestion speaker

According to the VOX website you're right. All the other models have VOX Original speakers.

I've always regretted not spending the extra dollars and getting the 50 although I've ordered a 50 XL which should be in next week (it has VOX Originals and not the Celestions).
You would make a wise choice by going with the Ragin Cajun. I replaced mine with that and it is like a completely different amp. That speaker is way loud and just plain out kicks ass. Personally, I like the tightness of the 10" more than a 12. You will need to break the speaker in, but once that is done, WOW! You can't beat Eminence for the price. Check out Parts Expresss website. They have very good prices on the Eminence stuff. I have tried to find a 12 that equals that speaker and I just can't. I also love the fact that the cone is purple. It looks real cool thru the chrome cover. If you go this route, i'd really like to know you're opinion once you get using it. One more thing, the fact that it is rated at 75 watts won't hurt, believe me, you can crank this thing up and not hurt it at all. THIS THING GETS LOUD.
Quote by MarleyBo
You would make a wise choice by going with the Ragin Cajun. I replaced mine with that and it is like a completely different amp. That speaker is way loud and just plain out kicks ass. Personally, I like the tightness of the 10" more than a 12. You will need to break the speaker in, but once that is done, WOW! You can't beat Eminence for the price. Check out Parts Expresss website. They have very good prices on the Eminence stuff. I have tried to find a 12 that equals that speaker and I just can't. I also love the fact that the cone is purple. It looks real cool thru the chrome cover. If you go this route, i'd really like to know you're opinion once you get using it. One more thing, the fact that it is rated at 75 watts won't hurt, believe me, you can crank this thing up and not hurt it at all. THIS THING GETS LOUD.

did yours screw into the existing holes or did you have to do a little fitting
Quote by kurtlives91
It is not worth it. Your amp is crap, you need a new amp not a new speaker.

The Valvetronix are anything but crap...
i found a G10 Vintage for cheap and put it in my AD30VT and it made every model sound so much better. you have to push it a little, but the clarity of it is worth it. i actually like the NuMetal model now because it isn't constant mud anymore. but my favorite model is the AC30. with this speaker and that model, you can get any classic rock tone you want. it's great for blues, from B.B. to Buddy. definitely worth it even if you have to buy it for full price. i just got lucky i guess...
...Damn Right I Got The Blues...
Quote by kurtlives91
It is not worth it. Your amp is crap, you need a new amp not a new speaker.

? What the hell are you smoking?
Quote by gurusan
? What the hell are you smoking?

In comparison to a nice (but expensive. Well, there is the BJ/VJ but you don't get the effects) tube amp, they aren't super-hot.
That being said, they are one of the best SS/modelling amps out there and excellent for just home practice/beginners. If something like a speaker change can improve your tone a heap, then I say go for it. Don't let some tube elitism hold you back.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Yes, it fit right into the existing holes. I think speaker hole spacing is a pretty standard thing.