OK, simple story. I went into GC today, and there sat an old GK 800RB head. funny story, is that it was previously owned and used for years by Mel Schacher of Grand Funk Railroad. It was marked at $500, and it played freaking amazing. Question is, would the history factor plus great amp factor justify trading my newly aquired SVT3-PRO for it? I'd only end up spending about $100 cash or less.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
noooooo. stick with the svt bro. the history factor is pretty cool but in a few years, youll be happy you stuck with the ampeg

EDIT: oh and i just read your sig. 86 stingray. ahh i envy you. got any pictures?
MusicMan Stingray 4 HH
Modded Fender MIM J-Bass
Fender American Deluxe Ash Strat
Ibanez limited edition walnut EW acoustic #202/250
Fender Bassman 250 2x10 combo
Vox AD50VT
do you feel like it sounds better than your SVT? If so, get it, if not, don't. The history factor is probably a lie anyway.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke

My girlfriend with the axe.......................... yes I'm a lucky guy.

And thanks, yeah the 800rb is a sweet amp but the ampeg's louder and probably the better choice
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
i'm a gk man so i say go for the gk
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Wow... Im glad I read the rest of the picture post... I about called you hot... But yes you are a lucky guy... for the bass and the girl... you greedy bastard .

But for you situation, I say the Ampeg... 1) because Im a fanboy, and 2) its louder and has less wear.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
yeah very lucky guy
MusicMan Stingray 4 HH
Modded Fender MIM J-Bass
Fender American Deluxe Ash Strat
Ibanez limited edition walnut EW acoustic #202/250
Fender Bassman 250 2x10 combo
Vox AD50VT
Take the GFR's one.
You can sell it on a public auction for lots of money because of whom used to own it.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by BassistGal
Take the GFR's one.
You can sell it on a public auction for lots of money because of whom used to own it.

it's worthless without proof that he owned it, speaking of which i want proof and so should you ts
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by BassistGal
Take the GFR's one.

No you can't.

99% chance it has no documentation of it's use by the bassist of GFR, and even then, who cares? It's an amp by a bassist in Grand Funk Railroad, not a guitar used by George Harrison to record every Beatles album.

I'm a GK guy personally, but I wouldn't trade the SVT. You can get more selling it locally on craigslist.
haha
I'm not sure how much you could get for it even it was like Jaco or Cliff's amp. Well, for them i imagine it would be quite a bit more than for Mel Schacher's amp. I most people in the music world would recoginze Jaco or Cliff but Schacher? Hell I've never even heard of him until this thread. Anyway, point of post, keep the Ampeg. BTW your gf is hot as is your stingray
Quote by mountaindew88

My girlfriend with the axe.......................... yes I'm a lucky guy.

And thanks, yeah the 800rb is a sweet amp but the ampeg's louder and probably the better choice

Firstly, I am gonna impregnant you bass (damn she's fine).

Secondly, I am gonna impregnant your girlfriend (damn she's fine).

Thirdly, I would keep the SVT so I can impregnant that too.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
ok it's settled. Ampeg stays, I'll let the GK slide. thanks for the advice and "comments" on my bass and gal