Page 1 of 2
I can't believe there hasn't been a ****ing thread on this yet. Has anyone seen the new Rolling Stone?! My girlfriend's mom gets it and my girlfriend was like "yeah so I was reading about this hardcore murder stuff." I went to her house and stole it because I'm ****ing hardcore. Turns out somebody finally started freaking out about FSU after 30 years. Apparently Alex Franklin killed some dude because he and his jock friends went to see Ramallah at Club Deep. One of the friends was wearing a confederate flag on his shirt and they asked him to take it off (of course). He said no, and one of the friends started being a dick, so he got bbbbeat.

Then it goes on and on about FSU and Boston Beatdown and ****. One of the quotes is, and I kid you not;

"Officially, FSU is short for 'Friends Stand United,' but hardcore kids all know the alternate meaning: 'F uck S hit Up'."

Then it talks about hardcore being fueled by aggression and how we're 'a deeply fragmented scene' and how FSU came about.

The article finally ends with a couple of the worst myspace quotes on the planet.

Please go read this and respond. What do you guys think?
I play guitar
I read half of it. Being from the Boston area, I'm afraid of them. They mention a band, Colin of Arabia, that dude (the lead singer is Colin of Arabia) is ****in' crazy! He's huge and always on PCP and atleast one time, he grabbed a girl in the audience, while he was singing, by the head and punched her right in the face, for no reason. He's a member of FSU. It's all messed up man. My buddy was a part of that scene, and then he went to a show in Brockton (the show where that happened) and he never had anything to do with it again pretty much.

One of the guys from FSU got arrested and plead guilty to killing a dude in a beatdown and told police: "I got good elbows. People don't know about my elbows."
That's messed up.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Last edited by merfsullivan at Aug 15, 2007,
lol thats ****ed.
My gear:
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E
Schecter Damien 6
BOSS GT-8 Multi FX
BOSS MT-2
Yeh, gets pretty vicious.

Especially when the shows only rule is "Don't break up fights".

Being a skinny white kid, if my band had played at said event, I wouldve been mauled.

No fun.
Jesus I didn't realise it was that big of a problem to have a big name magazine right up about it. I'm glad none of that stuff goes on around here.
that's ****ing rediculous. the fact that these people even have to connect their mindless violence with a ****ing music genre just makes me sick. not only does it give other hardcore kids a bad reputation, but it's ****ing stupid that there's people who are scared to go see a show just because these dumb ****s feel like beating the **** out of someone for no reason.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Quote by waldorphPRS41
I just looked up Colin Of Arabia, they are horrible especially the vocals.

I dare you to tell him that!
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Wasn't FSU formed to keep nazi skins out of shows? ..and now, I don't know what their reason for existing is.
Quote by technicolour
Wasn't FSU formed to keep nazi skins out of shows? ..and now, I don't know what their reason for existing is.

To govern the "True Till Death" scene.
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
From Wikipedia

"True Till Death is a seven inch record by the West Coast hardcore punk band Chain Of Strength. Released by Revelation Records, its catalogue number is Revelation 10.

The EP made "True till death" a popular Straight edge slogan."

So they make sure anyone who is edge never breaks it?
Quote by technicolour
From Wikipedia

"True Till Death is a seven inch record by the West Coast hardcore punk band Chain Of Strength. Released by Revelation Records, its catalogue number is Revelation 10.

The EP made "True till death" a popular Straight edge slogan."

So they make sure anyone who is edge never breaks it?

I was just talking out of my arse. I mean they govern the Hardcore scene to keep gigantic hardcore bro-downs alive and just fighting random people. They're all ****ing stupid.
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
If you don't want to buy the magazine to read this article some dude photocopied it and put it up on megaupload. I'm not sure if it would be against the rules to post the link so I'll just PM it if anyone wants.
not gonna lie ive never been to brockton, even though i lived pretty close last year, but im sure its not as carefree as other venues, i would probably be a little freaked out. whatever i dont really like most of the bands with FSU affiliation
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
im so glad those dudes arent around here. im from michigan so dave hayes and courage crew shows up at shows from time to time but nothing really gets bad like the **** those fsu dudes start. but lately a tiny little crew called ILC (Iron Lung Crew) started and those guys are ****ing rediculous. ****in guy called 'the beard' runs them. They go to shows just to fight. all crew **** is stupid.

EDIT: Jeff, could i get that link?
Quote by J Lock
Good.
Cause if not, we'd peer pressure you till you cried.
Then we'd bro-rape you.

Lmao, "The Beard".

Can I get that link too?
Quote by tyl3risan1nj4
why does everyone hate on TDWP
they really are a good band if your a true hardcore fan
i guess people on ug are more into metalcore and punk hardcore....

lolwat
Yeah dude sucks. Club Deep is in Asbury like 15-20 minutes from my house I use to go to mad shows there. It's right across the street from the Stone Pony, so one time I went to see Verse and Murphy's Law at Club Deep then BTBAM and August Burns Red at the Stone Pony in the same day.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
I heard about this on b9. The article was pretty good, it looks like they got most of the facts right, but I can see people who know nothing about hardcore blowing this way out of proportion, instead of realizing that a relatively small number of people in a somewhat small number of cities are involved with FSU
Here in seattle, my friend went to a trivium show,
and a gang went around cutting people in the audience with knives.

****ed up,

can i have link please?
"We wanna have fun and we wanna get wasted." - Andrew W.K.

Quote by baltour;39385525
I think devildriver, lamb of god and killswitch are the best black metal probably ever.

Quote by andyq777
the clean vox weren't bad a lot

XBL: Tim The Hero
I dont really know my feelings about FSU. I think the initiation of the "gang" was simple justice. If I was there in the beginning I think I would have really liked the idea, but now? Punching girls in the face? How brutal... ? Like, if you're going to be hardcore, why would you punch a girl? Find like, the drummer from Modern Life is War.

I kinda can't decide who is making up more bull****, FSU or everyone else. Has anyone seen Boston Beatdown?
I play guitar
I'd like to receive the link aswell if possible of course. I'm not really familair to FSU or whatever they stand for. Just interested.

Yamaha RBX A2
Ampeg BA600-115 1 x 15 Bass Combo
He's one big mother, I wouldn't mess with him.

I was pretty ok until I read about FSU and saw they have a "chapter" in my area, not cool. But we also have a local crew, they aren't too bad, not overly violent, they just like to piss people off for no reason and start fights, no casualties though.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by Spiritual_Cramp
Lmao, "The Beard".

Can I get that link too?

dude, hes huge. he kind of reminds me of a viking cause he's overly massive and his beard is as well.

and the owner of the local venue made every show in august free, so now every show has basically turned into nu-metal night. so he comes down to every show and has a field day just crowd-killing the **** out of everyone.
Quote by J Lock
Good.
Cause if not, we'd peer pressure you till you cried.
Then we'd bro-rape you.

Quote by Spiritual_Cramp
Lmao, "The Beard".

That shiz made me LOL for realz!
Hey You Guys Wanna Play Bumper Pool?
I've got mixed feelings about FSU. My friend Timm got kicked in the head by some dickhead and got knocked out (plus a concusion) and there were some FSU kids at the show (On Broken Wings + random kids) and they chased that dude out of the venue, he got away but I appreciate the effort. I still think crews are stupid but I never try to hurt people or talk **** about them in public so I won't be on the receiving end of anything.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
I am pretty sure there is no FSU presence in my area, but there is this one crew of like 20 or so people, alot of whom are pretty big, only one or two ever crowd kill and most of them wont mess with you unless you shove someone or knowingly kick/punch them with a harmful intent. the only thing is you just have to watch who you run into in the pit if they are there.
There should be anti-crew crews...I could just imagine the mess that would make. Hardcore gang wars.
Quote by technicolour
There should be anti-crew crews...I could just imagine the mess that would make. Hardcore gang wars.

That's already what it's like.

These people need to be assaulted and jailed. Idiots. You shouldn't have to goto a show and worry about getting the **** kicked out of you. Ever.
Just got done reading the Rolling Stone article myself. Just recognized my son in the video of Boston Beat Down II. Warning: these kids are crazy, mean and nasty--no foolin. The kid who originally interested my son in FSU (cause he had been in it for a couple years) has committed his share of random acts of violence and senseless mayhem (they don't call it F.S.U. for nothing!!) but since age 18 he became a Marine sharpshooter, then became a local cop--got bored with that after a year--applied and got into the State Police--lasted there one day--cause he was still in the Marine Reserves and could volunteer for Iraq and get paid from the State WHILE in Iraq--went over to Iraq for a year--did his sharpshooting there--came back and I guess just had a little more blood lust in him....darned if he didn't turn around and tell the State Police he wanted to be a private contractor in Iraq and go shoot him a few more people. F.S.U. all the way. What can I say? And now he don't have to buy his own weapons. TRUE STORY. Enjoy that hardcore scene kids, but I'd watch my backs next time I asked a cop for directions.
Page 1 of 2