Okay, I took the advice and reset my bridge, got the b'itch all tuned up . . . it took me like 2 hours to get string tension + spring tension + bridge height all in the right spot -- do you cats do that every time you put new strings on your axe?

Conicidentily, do you notice longer string life with the floater?

Rock on.
Gear
2002 Ibanez RGT42
Marshall AVT150h + JCM900
Buncha pedals
Shorter, actually. That's just because I get a lot of sissy stick action.

I changed strings today—9's to 11's, standard tuning to C standard, and it took me about 40 minutes to get the tension/tuning right. It was only the 2nd time tuning down to C, so it's not like I knew exactly how many springs to use and where to put them. I've just been using this guitar for 4 years now and I know how my bridge works, and all the little nuances with it.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
As long as you stick to the same gauge strings and tuning then only minimal adjustments will be needed when changing strings.

I notice no difference in string life.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

I had not used a floating bridge until I got my new guitar on Friday....

It also took me an hour or two to get the bridge sorted. Its now level with the body, perfectly in tune and had a sweet low action...

Can't say I'm looking forward to the first string change tho'...

It may be hassle but the crazy noises you can produce sure make up for it