Okay soon I will be looking to buy a metal guitar, between $500-600 Cdn.
I like bands such as Metallica, As I lay dying, Nightwish ..
I hope those bands arent too far apart tonewise!
thanksss!

OH! I'm also left handed, so..
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Anything from the Jackson Pro Series is good.Check out the DKM2 is plays and sounds amazing.
Quote by bean-o
Sorry I can't answer your question, but I am just curious. What is math metal? Do they sing about quadratics or something?

Gear I Want:
Laney VC50
Custom Build RG

Call Me Chris
Dont have any suggestions yet however where are you buying the guitar from.

I bought mine online...I buy from two canadian websites...both stores are excellent to buy from and they have a reurn policy as well...30 days warranty or you can buy extended warranty.

Both these sites are canadian...took me a while to find good canadain sites...axe music gives a free T shirt with purchase.

Both sites have free shipping over $199

La music.ca
http://www.lamusic.ca/

Axemusic.com
http://www.axemusic.com/

Are you looking for a guitar with a tremlo?...if so buy one with a floyd rose...dont buy a guitar that doesnt have a floyd for a tremlo system.
Go to this page to hear my original song recordings

Click Here
I really like the look of the Dk2m. Does it come in left handed/ in my price range??
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
I dont know much about tremelos? But I want something that wont go out of tune when I use the whammy and stuff
Quote by rickyy
I really like the look of the Dk2m. Does it come in left handed/ in my price range??

I honestly don't know.Try checking the jackson website.

www.jacksonguitars.com

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2911001503

Thats the only lefty on thier site.If you really like the DKM2 you can get it special ordered.You can also try the DK2 which is the DK2M with out the maple and HH pickup layout.
Quote by bean-o
Sorry I can't answer your question, but I am just curious. What is math metal? Do they sing about quadratics or something?

Gear I Want:
Laney VC50
Custom Build RG

Call Me Chris
Last edited by ShredderOvFire at Aug 15, 2007,
Quote by rickyy
I dont know much about tremelos? But I want something that wont go out of tune when I use the whammy and stuff

Jackson Liscensed Floyd Rose Trems are very good compared to say Ibanez/ESP liscensed Floyd Rose.Just make sure if you buy it,to get it setup by a pro,and learn how to change strings and take care of it.
Quote by bean-o

Gear I Want:
Laney VC50
Custom Build RG

Call Me Chris
Quote by rickyy

Im going to look through both of those websites for you and see what I can find in a lefty in your price range.

La music is hard to navagate so basically use the search function and search these guitars at La music

use search for these

ESP,Ibanez,Peavey,Schecter...maybe PRS...have to look at them and see if they are any good or not.

Axe music is easier to navigate

Click Here
how much is the shecter?
Quote by rickyy
how much is the shecter?

Around the same price as the Jacksons assuming he means the hardtail one.The Jacksons are Schecter are around $650 USD.
Quote by bean-o

Gear I Want:
Laney VC50
Custom Build RG

Call Me Chris
Well, I meant 600 Cdn
/ I don't buy online! so I think that kinda limits my options..
Quote by rickyy
Well, I meant 600 Cdn

Yeah that does, and so does your budget!

Try this one!!

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-SCE-C1HR-BCH.html

$650.00 USD, so you aren't that far off... Probably could get it from a local shop for almost the same price....

Good luck, and check this link out. This is a bad ass guitar!
Last edited by Journey.... at Aug 15, 2007,
Here is what Im finding for leftys so far with a floyd rose...your choices are very limited for lefty unfortunately.

Here is the only lefty on La music in your price range that has a licensed Floyd Rose® locking tremolo...not sure how good it is for metal however I will look for reveiws on it on the net and see what the word is on it.

Peavey Predator Plus EXP Left Handed...comes in red or black

$280 before taxes

big pic here
http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM04/Content/Peavey/PR/Lefty-Predator-Plus-EXP-lg.jpg

I will check axe music next.

Click Here
Last edited by D_Vincent at Aug 15, 2007,
Quote by rickyy
Well, I meant 600 Cdn

If you dont have a credit card La music takes paypal...I think online is your best chance of finding something at a decent price thats a lefty.

Click Here
go for whatever schecters are in your price range... i think the hellraiser is in you budget...
Quote by mrmarc772
go for whatever schecters are in your price range... i think the hellraiser is in you budget...

^ I agree FTW!!!
Schecters look like nice guitars however i cant seem to find leftys and they dont have a tremlo system.

Do you still want a tremlo system

So far the peavey is looking like a good choice and its at a good price as well.

Click Here
Is the Peavey an actual decent guitar?
Peavey Predator Plus EXP
Reveiws
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Peavey/Predator+Plus+EXP+Limited/10/1

Just google the name of the guitar and type reveiw or reveiws after it and see what the buzz is on the guitar

Keep in mind your choices are very limited in your price range.

Click Here
Last edited by D_Vincent at Aug 15, 2007,
It seems like an alright guitar, but like you said; you get what you pay for. I will definately check it out because they have it on my local guitar shops website. Thanks a lot for your help
Your welcome

I was wondering what that local website is...Im always looking for canadian music websites to look at.

Thanks and good luck finding your guitar.

Click Here
Quote by D_Vincent
Your welcome

I was wondering what that local website is...Im always looking for canadian music websites to look at.

Thanks and good luck finding your guitar.

www.stevesmusic.com
www.songbirdmusic.com