I have a work experience placement for 2 weeks at MBNA (a bank), and I ride there every day on my sccoter (one of the 07 Vespa PXs).

Anyway, it was absolutely pouring down this morning. So I left at half past 8. It takes roughtly 30 minutes to get there. I got into the town by where I live, and was just coming into the roundabout. I wasnt going fast, due to the weather. With hindsight, I suppose I probably used the back brake too much.

So as I braked, my wheel locked. Luckily, there were no other cars around. I skidded, and tried to control the bike, it would have been easy had it just been straight, however, it was just where the road curves off to meet the roundabout. At this point, Im skidding with my back wheel locked, going about 20-25 mph. I went over the little pavement bit that separates the two lanes, and my bike went onto its side.

Luckily, due to my awesome ninja-like reflexes, I was able to do a shoulder roll as I came off the bike, and so was unhurt but for some minor cuts.

However, Im going to need a new engine cover, as the one I have now is severley dented and scratched.

Yikes, Im terrified of braking in the wet now

Not claiming off the insurance If I can help it, though.

Anyone else have any motor accidents?
Glad you're ok, dude, and you learned the lesson of riding in the rain without getting severly injured!

I had my first motorbike accident when I was 8 or something. I tried out my cousin's bike for the first time and got the instruction to turn the gas alot in the beginning.

This made the bike go really really fast I learned as I was on my way to break the sound barrier. I nearly ended up in their swamp full of leeches if I hadn't braked and turned the bike (I ddin't have ninja skills back then so the bike fell on top of me).
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
First time i ever rode on a motorcycle, 200 pound father on the back seat, i did a huge ass catwalk. He didnt sit on the back after.
I play a guitar strung with Yngwie's chest hair
Quote by shredder2be93
hurray! umop-3p!sdn is okay! (I secretly love him)

You dont happen to female, do you?
I had a similar accident about 2 years ago, going round the corner leaving my college when my back wheel hit a patch of wet leaves. The tyre came skidding out from under me and I came flying off. Scraped my jeans somewhat, but no real injuries.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by umop-3p!sdn
You dont happen to female, do you?

Yes......well...maybe....actually.....no
Quote by Derek <3's You!
Now see children! This is the kind of thing when doing a barrel roll is necessary.

an actual thread in the pit where barrel rolls actually apply! the apocalypse!
ehh
That almost exactly happened to my Dad about 30 years ago, it was in the middle of London too - not as much traffic then though.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
ive never driven a motorcycle before but isn't there a button to kill the engine?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
ive never driven a motorcycle before but isn't there a button to kill the engine?

Makes no difference. I was skidding with my wheel locked. Whether or not the engine was running would make no change.
i had the same thing once, although i drove a moped and i was driving straight ahead

i also fell with it one time because i couldn't get the gas off...it just drove as fast as it could and i couldnt stop it
Quote by sadistic_monkey

I suggest you construct a space station the size of a moon, and destroy their home planet.

Quote by Wratheh
Grab a lighter and light it by your ass while farting. That's how you flame someone.
My dad dropped his Soft Tail going 70, the bike rolled into a ditch, and was unscratched.

My dad bounced on is ass 4 times, and the 5th bounce landed him on his feet in a dead sprint!

He didn't even have 1 cut.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
My first one was when I was 8 and got my first dirtbike and I made a little ramp for it. The bike runs right through the ramp, Not on top of it and then make the jump. With the wheel caught in the ramp the bike teakettled with me on it and I smashed my face into the ground. Luckily only a few scratches.

Glad you're play dude
good thing there wasn't a car... the exact same thing happened to my uncle on the motorway and he got hit by a car and killed... not nice.
Quote by ACG

In conclusion, I'm gay.

Mud Sergeant of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

"Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join."
I took my Vino 125 off roading (I was going to a softball field to honk at some girls) and ended up crashing right in front of all the babes... Apparently Scooter wheels really are too small for loose gravel...

But it's all good, my ankle broke the bikes fall so it didn't get scratched, and I still have scars on my arm from it, so now I can show them off to more ladies and tell them about the time I crashed my "hog!"

How do those new PX's ride BTW?

You know, when you're not crashing them...
Last edited by Iluvpowerchords at Aug 15, 2007,
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I took my Vino 125 off roading (I was going to a softball field to honk at some girls) and ended up crashing right in front of all the babes... Apparently Scooter wheels really are too small for loose gravel...

But it's all good, my ankle broke the bikes fall so it didn't get scratched, and I still have scars on my arm from it, so now I can show them off to more ladies and tell them about the time I crashed my "hog!"

How do those new PX's ride BTW?

You know, when you're not crashing them...

Its awesome. And unlike the new models, it actually looks cool. The other ones are just cheap plastic crap.

It rides really well. It gets a bit frustrating as it goes a top speed of 65...
Quote by umop-3p!sdn
Its awesome. And unlike the new models, it actually looks cool. The other ones are just cheap plastic crap.

It rides really well. It gets a bit frustrating as it goes a top speed of 65...

Heh, yeah, my top speed is about 60. And that's not a regular occurance. I can excpect to be cruising full throtlle around 55 mph. Of course the Vino 125 doesn't have enough displacement to be Interstate legal anyway, and I'm perfectly happy cruising the back roads and state routes. It's more scenic that way.

I really like the look of the PX, and the manual transmission really appeals to me, so I've been considering it for my next purchase. (If I can find a vintage one, I'd be ecstatic!)

although I might end up going with a low Displacement motorcylce instead... Like a Ninja 250R.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Heh, yeah, my top speed is about 60. And that's not a regular occurance. I can excpect to be cruising full throtlle around 55 mph. Of course the Vino 125 doesn't have enough displacement to be Interstate legal anyway, and I'm perfectly happy cruising the back roads and state routes. It's more scenic that way.

I really like the look of the PX, and the manual transmission really appeals to me, so I've been considering it for my next purchase. (If I can find a vintage one, I'd be ecstatic!)

although I might end up going with a low Displacement motorcylce instead... Like a Ninja 250R.

Get a new PX. Its really fun to ride, and they discontinuing it, so its only going to appreciate in value.