So I just bought a used guitar from gamestop so I could play co-op and what not, when I was looking for the stickersheet. I came across the instruction manual for the guitar and under the Using the Guitar Hero X-plorer Controller it said:

Effects Pedal Port: Feature currently unavailable...

Does anyone have any information on this, like if it was a scrapped idea, or if it was something they're saving for the release of Guitar Hero 3/Rock Band, or perhaps even what pedals they plan to make if they still are going to use this feature.

I think a wah pedal might be worth it, but things like distortion where you just turn it on and off might not be.
I've never heard of that, ever...even in Rock Band previews. But it would be interesing.
The.
I heard something about effects in Rock Band, but I'm not sure about guitar hero.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Well if they were to have it in rock band, they probably knew they were going to at some time and placed the port on the guitar so people could still use the guitar hero 2 guitars for the compatability later. (Although the newer guitars they're designing are a lot cooler in my opinion then the 360's X-Plorer
I heard something about a Wah Wah pedal being integrated into the Xbox360 version, and it was originally for the PS2 version but they couldn't get it to work, so they scrapped it for the Ps2 and then gave up on the 360 version too.

Shame, as it would have added a little something to the otherwise repititive gameplay.
Stupidest idea I've ever heard. It's not like you actually control the songs in any of those games. You just DDR rip-off play the bastard and it's soo fun..
Yea in GH2 for 360 they never came out with the effects and such, but for Rock Band they're going to to be right on the guitar's pick-up switch (which is random as all hell). As for GH3 I don't know if they're gonna have effects. I would think so just to compete with Rock Band because otherwise Rock Band is gonna kill guitar hero
There's a place where a depth charge ignites.
I think the only thing that will keep GH3 up is going to be the lower price (as you prob wont want rock band with out all the other periphals, at least I wouldnt), and perhaps the hardcore GH2 fans. You know the ones that actually worked there way up from easy to expert.
dude that's kinda lame, if your gonna start learning to use effects on guitar hero just pick up a real ****in guitar.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
Quote by Sound_Garden_X
dude that's kinda lame, if your gonna start learning to use effects on guitar hero just pick up a real ****in guitar.

+1

Guitar hero is entertaining, but it's nothing like playing real guitar.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by TMVolta19
Yea in GH2 for 360 they never came out with the effects and such, but for Rock Band they're going to to be right on the guitar's pick-up switch (which is random as all hell). As for GH3 I don't know if they're gonna have effects. I would think so just to compete with Rock Band because otherwise Rock Band is gonna kill guitar hero

actually i dissagree i think that half of the people wont have 3 other friends with them all the time to play Rock Band and its no fun just doing one thing plus the 300-400 dollars. on the other hand guitar hero is cheap and you can play by yourself or in a 2 player co-op i personally favor guitar hero more than rockband, i just wish there was a drumming game not part of rock band
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.