Can anyone tell me how to make an amp out of a pair of spair speakers laying around the house.
yeah, i don't know if that would work. And if it did, i don't know if you would be happy with the sound coming from it.
You need more than damn speakers, theres a number of guides on the interweb if you look
Quote by sum41fan13
Where could I find instructions.

Quote by madmk
You need more than damn speakers, theres a number of guides on the interweb if you look

nice... im interested in that amp 2... (sorry to hijack the thread)
is this a raw PCB
http://www.steren.com.mx/catalogo/interior3.asp?asfam=PLA/FEN&cuenta=25&posicion=25&mv=PC-5X5
im in TJ and thats the nearest store... sorry its in spanish XD
Quote by Nick111111111
Am i missing some thing
car speaker=12 watts
outlet=120 watts
?????????????????

laws of phisics down the dump....... volts and watts are the same
No, I'd recommend pad-per-hole perfboard- it's the easiest to work with.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
and how do you work with perfboard ??
(total noob sorry)
Quote by Nick111111111
Am i missing some thing
car speaker=12 watts
outlet=120 watts
?????????????????

It's basically got little copper rings around each hole so that the solder sticks to it.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
so basically i just short the holes i need with wire??
Quote by Nick111111111
Am i missing some thing
car speaker=12 watts
outlet=120 watts
?????????????????

You put in the components, solder them to the pads, and can either use unshielded wire or solder pads together to do connections.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
wow tnx ruby amp here i go !!! (the thing is like 1 watt rms or so right??)
also i wanted to do 2 mods to the design ... first i would like to add an on of switch (that would be just cutting the wire from the baterry to the pcb rigth ?? (spst switch)

and (idk if its possible) add a second gain knob (like little single channel marshalls)
Quote by Nick111111111
Am i missing some thing
car speaker=12 watts
outlet=120 watts
?????????????????

yea surprisingly a little basic 386 amp will sound incredible through a high end 2.1 computer sound system with a sub. the frequency response i get is seriously amazing. building one of these takes very little and not much time other than to box it up, and will give you a little portable amp which will work with headphones, standard speakers, or other amps.
Gear:
Carvin Bolt-T -> Line 6 DL-4 -> Danelectro Fish and Chips -> Homemade Fuzz -> Epiphone Valve Junior Combo -> Amplitube and Guitar Rig.
so headphones only??
Quote by Nick111111111
Am i missing some thing
car speaker=12 watts
outlet=120 watts
?????????????????

Quote by shuyoso
so headphones only??

No, I've ran it through a 10" sub (sounded like balls) and I'm running mine through a 5" midrange driver at the moment and it sounds fantastic. Providing the impedance is the same, any amplifier will run through any speaker. Too much wattage and you'll blow the speaker, too little and it won't be super loud.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
ok ... so i think ill get the speaker.... was the minimum impedance of the ruby 4 ohms?? ... if thats the case can i run this one without trouble (8ohms)??
if not i can always buy 2 and wire in paralel XD
Quote by Nick111111111
Am i missing some thing
car speaker=12 watts
outlet=120 watts
?????????????????

Quote by shuyoso
ok ... so i think ill get the speaker.... was the minimum impedance of the ruby 4 ohms?? ... if thats the case can i run this one without trouble (8ohms)??
if not i can always buy 2 and wire in paralel XD

Sure, that would work. I can't actually see what speaker you're looking at, but I wouldn't go above anything bigger than 10". I'd be using a high efficiency midrange driver around the 6" size, or something like one of the Weber 6" speakers.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
thats actually what it is is a 6" wooffer (well wannabe) 100HZ to 6kHz ... round 100 w rms ... 90 db (whatever the sensitivity/efficiency unit is)
all for 15 bucks XD
lets see how much it holds out...
Quote by Nick111111111
Am i missing some thing
car speaker=12 watts
outlet=120 watts
?????????????????

Quote by shuyoso
thats actually what it is is a 6" wooffer (well wannabe) 100HZ to 6kHz ... round 100 w rms ... 90 db (whatever the sensitivity/efficiency unit is)
all for 15 bucks XD
lets see how much it holds out...

90dB/w/m is very low. If you get a speaker that's between 96-100dB/w/m, it has the potential to be twice as loud.
i will try ... but ... cant... look... far... budget...killin....me..... :P
Quote by Nick111111111
Am i missing some thing
car speaker=12 watts
outlet=120 watts
?????????????????

Quote by the_random_hero
Sure, that would work. I can't actually see what speaker you're looking at, but I wouldn't go above anything bigger than 10". I'd be using a high efficiency midrange driver around the 6" size, or something like one of the Weber 6" speakers.

I've played mine through a 4x12. It was pretty sweet.
lets see if it can handle a Pantera like marshall wall
lulz XD
Quote by Nick111111111
Am i missing some thing
car speaker=12 watts
outlet=120 watts
?????????????????