I might get a bass and amp for playing metal whats the best i can get for under 400 euroes?
Schecter Damien 6
Epiphone G-400
Digitech RP200A
Vox AD30VT-XL
Any specific model?
Schecter Damien 6
Epiphone G-400
Digitech RP200A
Vox AD30VT-XL
you should get a pete wentz signature. that would impress all the metalheads, id bet.
futball season and football season.
Quote by MLmaster37
you should get a pete wentz signature. that would impress all the metalheads, id bet.

Dude your not even ****ing funny. Pete wentz sucks, can someone be serious and just suggest me a decent bass.
Schecter Damien 6
Epiphone G-400
Digitech RP200A
Vox AD30VT-XL
If you want an ESP, you can get some of the cheaper models (B50 series, F-100 series) but I'd really reccomend getting an extra 200 euros, and you'd be able to afford an LTD with EMG pickups. That'd be MUCH better.

If can gather about another 130 euros, you could get a new Fender Mexican Jazz/Precision. I'd reccomend the Precision, I think, the cheaper Jazz models don't seem to have the tonal range MIA's have and probably wouldn't suit metal. (There's nothing wrong with an MIM Jazz, though, they still sound great). Also look used, you might be able to find an MIM for 400 Euros used, or even an MIA for 5-600 if it's used.

However, if you can't afford to stretch your pennies, I reccomend this gem: http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_squier_vint_mod_jazz_nt.htm

Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass. It's -probably- on level with a normal MIM Jazz, imo. It's not a perfect bass and you could do much better, but you could also do a LOT worse than this. For your price range, this is probably the best bass you can get new.
I'd say a yamaha RBX 374 (the cheaper 774 basically)

It may be cheaper, but i actually think these basses are awesome for the metal style and what not. I would have a 774 right now if i hadn't went for the traben phoenix instead.
Quote by Jonakin
Dude your not even ****ing funny. Pete wentz sucks, can someone be serious and just suggest me a decent bass.

chill, it was meant as a joke.

i would suggest you get a dean ml vintage. it sounds nice, good for any stuff you might need for metal. i use it, and i play anything from suffocation to exumer to carpathian forest.
Quote by MLmaster37
chill, it was meant as a joke.

i would suggest you get a dean ml vintage. it sounds nice, good for any stuff you might need for metal. i use it, and i play anything from suffocation to exumer to carpathian forest.

Sorry, i was just getting annoyed cos no one was giving me any proper answers.

Anyway, thanks all for the suggestions

And can anyone think of a good bass amp? I'm looking at the roland cube 30.
Schecter Damien 6
Epiphone G-400
Digitech RP200A
Vox AD30VT-XL
for what price, exactly?

as for around 350 new (ive seen em 250 used) look into an ampeg ba115. never heard a bad thing about it, and buying mine soon.
Look into Ibanez, ESP, Schecter. Also might want to try other brands in stores and get something that suits you.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
a used Ibanez GSR200 bass should be available for around $100. spend the rest on the amp. used Ampeg, Ashdown, Crate, Fender, or Peavey would be a good place to start. watch the classifieds. use e-bay to learn about prices, and values. the more watts, the better. i do not recommend Behringer amps. i play through an Ampeg B-series 1/2 stack, but i also use a Fender Bassman 200. it sounds good, and should be available, used, in the $200 range. take your time and do the research. good luck.
I'm no metal expert, but ibanez has some great cheap basses. Also, as 83lespaulstudio said, don't go for behringer despite the cheap prices. I made that mistake, and now I have to live with it .
poop
Would a roland cube 30x be good?
Schecter Damien 6
Epiphone G-400
Digitech RP200A
Vox AD30VT-XL
1 you gotta calm down bitching at people won't get you thread answered any quicker

2 what makes pete wentz any worse than the root pounding metal heads you're gonna be copying

and 3 i haven't had any experience with the ibanez or the peavey but i've played the warwick and i liked it, it's a very warm sounding amp but it does have some bite if you look deep enough
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I got my olp mm3 5-string for €389 in Music maker in town.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Dude ive got a Peavey Microbass, there not bad and i got it off thomann too..

As for bass.. Ibanez, Esp, Warwick...
Member no.3 of the 'Jack Daniels is an Ignorant Prick' club