Hi - are there any readily available songs/tab's that have a strong legato and left hand gymnastic train of thought about them?

Also string skipping would be useful

I'm currently training my left hand up [as Gilbert said 'the right hand's the gas, but there's no point in it if you can't steer the boat...' or summat like that] and so i'd like to have a song i could use aswell as the normal exercises
Last edited by philipisabeast at Aug 15, 2007,
There's this guy named Joe Satriani...his entire catalog has legato.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Yes i am aware of the sarcastically listed Satriani, but a specific song which contains a large ammount of strong legato would be more preferable, rather than going through every part of his catalog learning odd little riffs

If it exists, i'd rather like the name of a song which is highly legato-y
Or shall i jsut break into Michael angelo-batio's stuff then?
Please don't do the Michael Angelo Batio stuff. Please?

Try the Hot For Teacher intro and solo by Van HAlen!
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Andy McKee
My Stuff:
Schecter S-1 Elite with EMG 81 & 85
Dean Hardtail Select
Marshall MG50DFX
Boss DS-1

A child's rhyme stuck in my head says life is but a dream
Borg Sex would be great. Flying in a blue dream, back to shalla-bal, war, up in flames, devil's slide, super colossal, a cool new way. That should keep you busy for a while.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
You do know you can play songs that are NOT legato legato if you want. It would be a nice way to bag some licks, with that said, Exctraction by Greg Howe.
the solo to Testamemt - Return to Serenity

for Satriani try "Flying in a Blue Dream"
Allan Holdsworth and Greg Howe (particularly Introspection as well as Extraction) immediately come to mind.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by seljer
the solo to Testamemt - Return to Serenity

+1
Allan Holdsworth is the God of legato playing. He puts everyone, including Satch, to complete shame, and I'd bet you they'd admit it.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
guy's , thanks for all the recommendations

Edit: Is there anything in particular i should look at with Holdsworth?
Last edited by philipisabeast at Aug 15, 2007,
"Fred."
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
There's a part of Speed Metal Symphony by Cacophony where Jason (I'm assuming) just legatoes the A natural minor scale with hammers and pulls on the E, A, D , and G strings
hue
check out Rusty cooley's Shred guitar manifesto, its got this thing called the legato workout, its pretty cool stuff! (kind of advanced though)