Ok... it is very sad... I can only play the intro to "Smoke on the Water" and a little bit of "Iron Man". I was just wondering if there is somewhere else I should start? Im a complete beginner and need to know what I should try? Someone suggested starting of with easy solos but I dont know of any that easy. What should I do? Thanks.
learn basic chords
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Quote by minixmin
learn basic chords

Like G-Chords and things like that? Anyplace good where it will tell me the chords to use and how to strum along to a song or whatever? Thanks.
Your doing what every beginner does-learning the intros to songs, you might wanna invest in a chord book and learn some basic open chords and some barre chords and the different variations - minor,major, 7th,9th, augmented etc etc. Also learn some scales (they will help for soloing later on)

http://www.cyberfret.com/scales/basic/page2.php

there are the basic 5 scale shapes, you dont really need to worry about modes and the different variations at the minute but will later on.

Try learning some chord songs after this - wonderwall, wildthing, knocking on heavens door etc etc.

Also try different techniques (hemmer ons and pull offs, slides, trills, bends, vibrato etc etc) - there are some pretty good lessons on both this website and cyberfret.com for this type of stuff. Finally- try and get your fingers working, most beginners pick just downstrokes - its beneficial to learn alternate picking at an early stage. Try chromatic scales aswell, this along with the scales i have provided will get the fingers moving and make them stronger (especially pinky)

Good luck, its hard at first but stick at it and you'll get better everyday!
Quote by clement1
Your doing what every beginner does-learning the intros to songs, you might wanna invest in a chord book and learn some basic open chords and some barre chords and the different variations - minor,major, 7th,9th, augmented etc etc. Also learn some scales (they will help for soloing later on)

http://www.cyberfret.com/scales/basic/page2.php

there are the basic 5 scale shapes, you dont really need to worry about modes and the different variations at the minute but will later on.

Try learning some chord songs after this - wonderwall, wildthing, knocking on heavens door etc etc.

Also try different techniques (hemmer ons and pull offs, slides, trills, bends, vibrato etc etc) - there are some pretty good lessons on both this website and cyberfret.com for this type of stuff. Finally- try and get your fingers working, most beginners pick just downstrokes - its beneficial to learn alternate picking at an early stage. Try chromatic scales aswell, this along with the scales i have provided will get the fingers moving and make them stronger (especially pinky)

Good luck, its hard at first but stick at it and you'll get better everyday!

So I should do different scales for a while then move on to chords ect? Thanks a bundle.
Learn the basic Major chords and such and then practise them as much as you can. A good song for practising them is: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/p/pink_floyd/wish_you_were_here_ver5_tab.htm

Once you can play that song, move on to more complex things, don't rush, eventually you will learn barre chords (if you think your fingers are tough enough, then go ahead and try them out now.)
By reading this magnificently and wonderful, adjective-filled signature, you have just wasted approximately 7 seconds of your life.
Quote by guitar nooblet
Is justinguitar.com a good place for someone like me?

Yes
Quote by Axeington
Learn Power Chords, then move up to real chords.

wrong.

learn OPEN chords, then move up to BARRE chords.

by then, power chords will be easy as pie.
Quote by guitar nooblet
Is justinguitar.com a good place for someone like me?

Justinguitar.com is awesome! Very good tutes, and he slows it down and breaks it into bite-size pieces, which are easy to eat right up!
Quote by staticoverdub
wrong.

learn OPEN chords, then move up to BARRE chords.

by then, power chords will be easy as pie.

^What he said.

If you pretty much follow the justinguitar thing, you'll be set for now, his stuff is good for beginners i think.