Im considering buying a delay pedal to add something new to my music...
but im not sure which pedal to get anymore.

A buddy of mine suggested getting a boss dd-6 digital delay pedal but after trying one out and listening to some people who used it im not too sure about it anymore.

Mostly what I play is post-hardcore-ish like...kinda like saosin stuff..but i also like to play muse stuff and rage against the machine..

And id like to keep the price under $ 200 if possible
Screw the DD6, i have one and its extra functions are crap and pointless.

You get warp, which just puts the volume through the roof while repeating about .2 seconds worth of sound over and over. Its painful.

The 5.6 seconds of delay is pointless, the longest setting is like; strum... wait 5 minutes... delayed strum.

Its overpriced, the DD3 is a much better pedal.
line 6 echo park or the dlm4 depends how much youve got, far better than my DD 3 which ive got as well, seriously look into it can do whatever you want with it
Quote by Preid

You get warp, which just puts the volume through the roof while repeating about .2 seconds worth of sound over and over. Its painful.

The 5.6 seconds of delay is pointless, the longest setting is like; strum... wait 5 minutes... delayed strum.

+1, DD3 is way more sensible. You don't need crap like the warp effect.
well from what ive heard im liking the line 6 echo park delay pedal...its cheaper than the dd3 and it looks like its capable of doing more. Should i get it?
Electro-Harmonix #1 Echo. $100, simple to use, great sound and range
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Echo park doesnt sound to great at high volumes, its pretty much a multi effects delay pedal. I tried one out ages ago and went with the boss for its simplier functions and the 'wont explode if i stand on it to hard' look.

Try them out if you can, the echo has a lot more features, but like the boss most of them are useless
Marshall Echohead
or if you only want one function and shorter delay, EHX #1 Echo

the Marshall is pretty much the same as the EHX, digital delay with an analog tone, except the Marshall has HiFi, Analog, Tape, Multi-Tap, Reverse and Modulation delay.
Such a nice clean delay and a lot of those features are very useful.

...just don't get a BOSS
Quote by epiphonist13
+1, DD3 is way more sensible. You don't need crap like the warp effect.

you do need tap tempo though. dd-3 doesnt have it, which counts massively against it.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
#1 Echo has a max 2 seconds of delay, which I consider more than enough for most stuff

And I agree on the BOSS comment, for the money there are such better pedals out there
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Quote by Preid

warp is the one that imitates self oscillation, yeah? thats awesome. there are uses for these things. theyre just unconventional ones.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by Preid

doesnt the reverse delay and tap tempo make up the price for it tho? also on another note, is it true the DD-3's sound more analog than the DD-5/6's?? or is it only the OLD DD-2/3's that sound analog?

im thinking of getting one of these but cant decide
Quote by Preid

I have a DD3 but I bought it for stutters and "delay meltdowns"; it's not any good for rhythmic delays without a lot of screwing around the the timing right. Oh, and I sometimes wish I'd shelled out the extra cash because of the powerful "hold" feature on the DD6 Vs. the DD3, and the reverse delay, which is sweet $h1t.

I'd suggest a Akai E2 Headrush, they're absolutely amazing. Maybe too many features, maybe not but it's definitely a powerful tool when compared to anything short of a Boss DD-20, or Line 6 DL4.
Last edited by RadioMuse at Aug 15, 2007,
If you should decide to buy a DL4, there's someone selling one in the Gear Ads for a decent price.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
marshall echohed for pristine, clean echo.

ibanez de-7 if you want a more creamy sound

the de-7 should be around $50, the marshall around $90 if you look.
When I get my delay, I'm thinkin' EHX or Echohead. They both look sweet.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
yeah dd-6 extra funtions are pointless unless you really need it but it's a decent pedal nevertheless. but i dont like the dd-3. had it, sold it. why? because it doesn't have the trail function. sound good though. i recommend the digitech digidelay..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots