I dont know if this is the forum to post this, but I'll try :p

I have been looking around here and found that many of you hate metal core, and I want to know what the hells wrong with it. There are many Metal core bands just as technically advanced and melodic as and often more than the pure metal bands. So I want to know excatly whats wrong with it ?
Quote by SG thrasher
Basically, it's metal for girly-boys.

HAHA thx man, btw way do you live?

you'll see how girly I actually am...
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
There's nothing wrong with metalcore but the reason a lot of metalheads don't take kindly to new metalcore bands is because they often follow the formula and offer nothing new or refreshing to the genre.
Quote by Rufiothebandito
There's nothing wrong with metalcore but the reason a lot of metalheads don't take kindly to new metalcore bands is because they often follow the formula and offer nothing new or refreshing to the genre.

The generic metal bands dont either, not saying I dont like them... but they offer nothing new either.
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
All thats wrong with it is the people on these boards. They seem to think that anything they don't like is ****e, and they have a built-in hatred of anyone who registered after they did. So he's right. Leave now :P
Quote by metalisbest
The generic metal bands dont either, not saying I dont like them... but they offer nothing new either.

Name us a couple of 'generic' metal bands who do that and I'll accept your point. There's a LOT more awful metalcore than bad true metal. Wrong forum btw, but never mind
Metalcore isnt even really a genres. Theyre all core bands, dont attach the great name of metal to such filth
Most of it is a boring formula done over and over again, which contributes to it's bore factor, thus creating a circle of boredom.

Besides that, only one word: Atreyu.

Deadit: While some metal is also boring, I don't listen to said boring metal.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Well I like some metal core bands and I like a lot of melodeath bands even better.
Now I realize that I shouldnt have posted this. People will always have different opinions of this anyway.
Metalcore isnt even really a genres. Theyre all core bands, dont attach the great name of metal to such filth

Wha? of course it's a genre, it's about blending the best of both worlds, sadly there are those metalcore bands that blend the worst of both.
Example: The Architects - phenomenal band that blends the technical leads and odd time signatures paired with growl/screaming vocals.

Bands like these allow people like me who love metal but don't particularly like straight up hardcore to get a good medium of the two.
Quote by Flamedmapletop
Well I like some metal core bands and I like a lot of melodeath bands even better.
Now I realize that I shouldnt have posted this. People will always have different opinions of this anyway.

No kidding. Too many different opinions. Too many people. But, oh well, it let's some people take out their anger on you, so I guess it's alright. Although, compare several metalcore bands with Death. Death will beat all of them, cause all the metalcore bands will sound the same.
ENOUGH OF THIS METALCORE BS!

I'm sick of discussions on it.

METALCORE is considered borderline throughout the metal world. Some openly embrace it, some give it the benefit of the doubt, some don't appreciate it much, others want to see it wiped from the face of the Earth.

While a lot of the people in the UG Metal Forum listen to some metalcore, the mods have decreed that IT DOESN'T BELONG HERE.

Therefore, regardless of the stance of individual Metal Forumers, METALCORE (and scene grind/deathcore for that matter) IS NOT WELCOME HERE.

It's really not that difficult.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
I don't like metalcore just for the simple that it all follows the same exact formula, and the formula isn't even very interesting to begin with. Every band I hear plays the same sh*tty breakdown. Now don't me wrong, there are bands in every genre that are repetitive, however metalcore bores me to tears.
metalcore also has the worst 15 year old ****core scene kids-who-cant-play-their-instruments "local bands"

edit: lol at lamb of god avatar, for some reason i think they break the mold
Quote by Bmm386
"I cut my own penis off and ate it"

pinkowitz.net - another /b/ forum (help it grow)
Quote by Rufiothebandito
is it that time of the month?

If threads about metalcore only happened once a month instead of every other day...
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by Rufiothebandito
So's your mom...in bed

maybe there should be an official metalcore argument thread

Maybe the Nu Metal Forum should be renamed the Alternative/Borderline Metal Forum so that neither the Hardcore nor the Metal forum have to deal with metalcore anymore.

EDIT: a Your Mom joke! how original
Last edited by raise_the_dead at Aug 15, 2007,
The ratio of generic, unoriginal metalcore to unique metalcore is much bigger than the ratio of generic, unoriginal metal to unique metal. This is due to A) metal being around longer, and B) metalcore being fairly popular in the mainstream. If there were more metalcore bands that pushed the boundaries, we wouldn't hate it as much.

For the record, I'm a huge fan of God Forbid and the older Killswitch Engage.
Maybe the Nu Metal Forum should be renamed the Alternative/Borderline Metal Forum so that neither the Hardcore nor the Metal forum have to deal with metalcore anymore.

orrrr those of you who seem to hate people so much as discussing a viable genre like metalcore how about this:

You don't click the thread

then you can stop complaining?
i don't like metalcore because a lot of it is formulaic and generic, i can't stand 'emotional' cheesy breakdowns that happen in every song, and most of it just pales in comparison to true metal.
* annoying vocals
* over done breakdowns
* same melodies used over and over

Only band I can tolerate from the genre is BTBAM. =/
Quote by Rufiothebandito
orrrr those of you who seem to hate people so much as discussing a viable genre like metalcore how about this:

You don't click the thread

then you can stop complaining?

It's not the discussion that bothers me, it's the fact that it's been discussed a hundred times with the same old arguments with eventually the same old outcome.

You can discuss it all you want... just not in the Metal Forum.
Will people please spell out the names of bands instead of using these strange acronyms?
BTBAM - Between the Buried and Me

Nothing you couldn't have found without googling.
Lamb of God = unreal.
and its debatable on whether they should be considered core or not.

The rest are ****e.

So are you.

Now leave this forum, and come to grips with the fact that you actually have to scroll down for a second, and click Hardcore. Good day.
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal
People are idiots and automatically assume that because it isn't discussed in the metal forum, it must be the subject of some kind of hatred embargo, when in fact they could just save their time by going and discussing it in ITS OWN FORUM