I love acoustic music from damien rice to Death cab for cutie and likes of Opeth's acoustic albm - damnation. I'm just really interested in acoustic music. Please help me, if you know any good acoustic music?
Thanks kane
you should try
"Every Rose HGas It's Thorn" by Poison
"Heaven" by Warrant
"Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton

based on what you listen to, youre probably not a fan of older music
(dont mind me, but i rlly hate those bands mentioned above)

but give those songs a shot, there nice n easy

but try them anyways
Quote by yawn
It just occurred to me that UG attracts a lot of socially isolated male teenagers with questionable psychological dispositions.

Quote by I'm_Guitarded
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Whip and Chains Excite Me!!

Got'em!
Neil Young- especially Harvest or the acoustic songs on Rust Never Sleeps
Also a lot of Fleetwood Mac songs
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
Quote by frd_marshll
oh i was going to say elliott smith

bright eyes
the good life
pedro the lion
city and colour

Agalloch - A Desolation Song
Cold - Bleed
Staind - Outside (Live version)
Last edited by Makkis at Aug 16, 2007,
There are TONNES, I love acoustic music too.

One huy who I think is pretty good who is around at the minute would be Newton Faulkner. The first half of his album 'Hand Built by Robots' has been in my CD player for a good solid week now. (well, obviously the FULL album is in my CD player, but I only ever have time to really listen to the first half).

Check out - All I Got, To the Light, Dream Catch Me, I Need Something, People Should Smile More, Teardrop (Massive Attack cover/ and about as close as anyone will ever get to bettering the original).

EDIT: I'd imagine this would be his Myspace...

www.myspace.com/newtonfaulkner
You've probably already heard it, but Unplugged In New York - Nirvana is just such an album.

And try José Gonzales - Veener and Sufjan Stevens - Illinoise.
I really like acoustic music. I always look for acoustic tracks after I buy a new CD because these tracks are especially wonderful and free I think.
My favourite acoustic songs are "That' the Way", "Going to California", "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp" by Led Zeppelin; "Soldier of Fortune" by Deep Purple; "Dust in the Wind" by Kansas; "Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton.

I also like such acoustic albums as "Acoustic (Live!)" - Scorpions; "Unplugged In New York" - Nirvana; "Sometimes" - City and Colour.

Standout track - "Hotel California (acoustic version)" by The Eagles
Chuck Ragan and Tim Barry
Quote by Avopeac

Three Days Grace="I HATE MUH PARENTZ" rock.
Cannibal Corpse="I ATE MUH PARENTZ" rock

You've all gotta check this guy out... Tis pretty insane acoustic instrumental, by a Japanese bloke called Kotaro Oshio... I like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lruONOcs0ow

And P.O.D.'s instrumental Eternal is a sweet acoustic track.... great stuff to chill to
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
Alice in Chains- Unplugged. Howie Day, Teddy Thompson, Mazzy Star, Andy McKee, Jono McCleery- check him on MySpace. and song: Daughter- Pearl Jam
It's gonna be a blue day
All time acoustic band is Tenacious D. Great rock and comedy. Kyle Gass can really play the guitar well.
Quote by -February-Star-
Real bassists know about different techniques and are aware of the merits and applications of each.

Because we're the least ignorant, most hardworking and most talented musicians in the world. We also surpass all others in general awesomeness.
Yeh Newton Faulkner is Amazing, deffo check him out

people should smile more is my fav song in the album cos i can play it there are so many amazing acoustic songs on tht album

check him on youtube, type newton faulkner teardrop and go for the comical one, hes also doing tht song from matilda send me on my way by rusted root in it and its hilarious
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
I suppose that no-one of you ever heard about Days Of The New.
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant
This music might be a bit tame for the younger crowd however i think the band "America" studio versions of their songs sound really good.

Here is one of my favorites from the band "America"...it almost has that hippy Flower child kind of feel however I like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGFt82coos0

List of albums they put out
http://www.venturahighway.com/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=9&MMN_position=49:49

The live versions on you tube sound bad (those live videos on you tube all sound pretty bad though)

Here is Horse with no name...another excellent acoustic song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDL02th72u4

America - Ventura Highway
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83mnMD8JEFs

The bass guitar is really good in these tunes as well.
Go to this page to hear my original song recordings

Click Here
Last edited by D_Vincent at Sep 4, 2007,
Some Neil Young (Harvest (and Harvest Moon), first half of Rust Never Sleeps), maybe some Violent Femmes?
going to california-Led Zeppelin
knockin on heaven's door-bob dylan
wish you were here-pink floyd <----i think it's acoustic....
Vermilion Part 2 - SlipKnoT
Circle - SlipKnoT
Founder Of The SlipKnoT Society.
Join Us!!!
I'm not kidding...
Seriously... Join Now!!!

''How are you supposed to test someone's reaction to pain?''
''Hurt Them.''

Everlong (acoustic) - Foo Fighters
Dogs - Pink Floyd
Damien Rice
Jack Johnson
Andy McKee
Wilco's great. They're not ONLY acoustic though, but a lot of their best music is.
The Nightwatchman (Tom Morello) is really good. His first album ,which just recently came out, One Man Revolution is very good acoustic music.
John Butler Trio.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
Thanks guys, alot of waht has been suggested i have but ive found some new music thanks to you all.. i love acoustic music so much!! it is a passion and love of mine..thankyou all!
kane
Quote by RubberSoul54321
John Butler Trio.

I concur!!! I just bought their latest album, Grand Nation, and it is pretty fkn sweeeeet...