It feels like people are treating me like an idiot or a child. I never say anything stupid or irrelevant, I never mistreat others or do anything to deserve it. But my brother and cousins, and some co-workers always glance at each other when I'm saying something, like they have a mutal understanding that I'm some kind of retard. I'm kind of nuerotic so I'm always careful what I say or do, so there's no reason for being treated like this. Besides people giving each other the look, I always get the feeling people think I'm "special". I'm not. I'm just short and fat, but I don't look retarded. Here in So Cal its hot, so I sweat a lot at work, and people always ask if I'm O.K. Wtf? Why wouldn't I be? Its just sweat. Does everyone think fat and short people are retarded? Its really making me a little anti-social.

Anyone have any insight to this?
Last edited by LoveIsOverrated at Aug 15, 2007,
Well I don't know about being "Short" and fat but I do know stupid people don't know they are stupid.
Just sayin man.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
Well I don't know about being "Short" and fat but I do know stupid people don't know they are stupid.
Just sayin man.

haha. I've thought about it. I don't think I am. I'm a very cultured guy and not to sound like an asshole, but I know for sure I'm not stupid. I've asked a couple of really close friends who've never treated me like that if I seem stupid or retarded to them and they've said no. Maybe I'm being paranoid, maybe I'm not. Still, I'd love some insight.
Lots of people treat me like an idiot as well... Well no, just my family. ****in dicks.

Out in the real world, though, I am just fine. But at home I'm the youngest of 5 and the people who I'm legally and maternally connected to are just a bunch of assholes.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by The Madcap
Sometimes I wonder What if I'm retarded and everyone is just being nice to me and treating me like I'm not?.

Totally get you. I feel that way many times, like someone's paying them to be nice to me. Damn The Truman Show.
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
They're probably laughing at your paranoia or just winding you up. I love winding people up. It's so satisfying.
Quote by Kensai
IF YOU TYPE WITH BIG LETTERS YOUR POINT WILL COME ACROSS EASIER!

Seriously wtf was that?
All my cousins friends etc. look down on me because I'm 15, most of them at 17 or 18, they all say stupid **** that you would say to a 5 year old, hell they even ask me what I want to do like that. It's just pretty retarded, so I'm just a bitch back to them. Even had one tell me to **** off once, I took it normally, and it's sort of slowed down, but I'm sick of people treating me like that because hell, I'm more mature than most of them are, (the ones that drink and smoke, and just don't know what they want in life in general) If they were capable of having a half civil conversation that didn't include "Look at that fat guy walking *laughs*" I would look more mature than them any day.

Oh yeah, so what if you know more about vehicles than I do, doesn't mean you are a more important person or smarter person than me. It doesn't mean you have more common sense than me, Hell I know more about music, sports like biking, electronics, and pretty much everything else in life than you, so what makes you think your a king?

Sorry I have one person in mind for that whole post.
Last edited by AthenasGhost at Aug 15, 2007,
Quote by LoveIsOverrated
But my brother and cousins, and some co-workers always glance at each other when I'm saying something, like they have a mutal understanding that I'm some kind of retard.

A couple of my friends don't have any respect at all for me because I'm not some macho jackass who likes to fight and they know I won't fight back. They shoot me with home-made blowguns, wake me while I'm sleeping by waving lighters in my face, put insects in my hair, etc., all because "Joe's a pussy". They think I'm a snob because I don't like ****ty blockbuster movies like Transformers, and they've yet to stop making fun of me for backing into someone else's car almost a month ago. They weren't like this years ago when I started hanging out with them, but now they're really getting to be lousy people.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Last edited by VoodooChild15 at Aug 15, 2007,
Quote by LoveIsOverrated
haha. I've thought about it. I don't think I am. I'm a very cultured guy and not to sound like an asshole, but I know for sure I'm not stupid. I've asked a couple of really close friends who've never treated me like that if I seem stupid or retarded to them and they've said no. Maybe I'm being paranoid, maybe I'm not. Still, I'd love some insight.

Well I really wasn't calling you stupid. I don't know you. I have never been short so I have no experience to share in that regard. I have had experiences where I was the "NEW GUY" and I really didn't fit into the social situation at hand. Sometimes I decided I really didn't WANT to fit in. At that point it's time to leave and I left. You are not always going to be in situations that you are comfotable in. You are not always going to be around people you are comfy with. Use this as a learning experience. If your co-workers are assholes why try to impress them. You are much better off giving your 2 week notice and then showing up the last day of work with an AK47 and teach them all a lesson they will never forget.
I was serious up to that last sentance.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Last edited by Jackal58 at Aug 15, 2007,
Quote by VoodooChild15
A couple of my friends don't have any respect at all for me because I'm not some macho jackass who likes to fight and they know I won't fight back. They shoot me with home-made blowguns, wake me while I'm sleeping by waving lighters in my face, put insects in my hair, etc., all because "Joe's a pussy". They think I'm a snob because I don't like ****ty blockbuster movies like Transformers, and they've yet to stop making fun of me for backing into someone else's car almost a month ago. They weren't like this years ago when I started hanging out with them, but now they're really getting to be lousy people.

damn, no one with a wedge antilles avatar should be treated like that!
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Quote by LoveIsOverrated
It feels like people are treating me like an idiot or a child. I never say anything stupid or irrelevant, I never mistreat others or do anything to deserve it. But my brother and cousins, and some co-workers always glance at each other when I'm saying something, like they have a mutal understanding that I'm some kind of retard. I'm kind of nuerotic so I'm always careful what I say or do, so there's no reason for being treated like this. Besides people giving each other the look, I always get the feeling people think I'm "special". I'm not. I'm just short and fat, but I don't look retarded. Here in So Cal its hot, so I sweat a lot at work, and people always ask if I'm O.K. Wtf? Why wouldn't I be? Its just sweat. Does everyone think fat and short people are retarded? Its really making me a little anti-social.

Anyone have any insight to this?

Its Orange County. A lot of people are treated like trash.
Quote by Garci
Totally get you. I feel that way many times, like someone's paying them to be nice to me. Damn The Truman Show.

that movie messed with my head.
If your wiener is happy, then you're happy.
you're probably not retarded. If you put a pause in your speech or look at the people you're talking to like you thnk you are being judged they won't know how to judge so they'll look at eachother to see the other's reaction. Sort of a silent conversation to see what the right reaction is. It's sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy, if you don't think they're judging you and don't give them a chance to they won't do that, just look yourself in the mirror with confidence and don't let people decide who you are.
pics or you dont exist
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
If you want to see what I look like, go to my myspace at myspace.com/arthurp88. I'm not a kid being pushed around, I'm 19, and I started to realize this a couple months ago and its driving me crazy
Quote by Muphin
Lots of people treat me like an idiot as well... Well no, just my family. ****in dicks.

Out in the real world, though, I am just fine. But at home I'm the youngest of 5 and the people who I'm legally and maternally connected to are just a bunch of assholes.

That's me ,exactly
Wolv