so, madden 08 came out yesterday...

this game was hyped up a lot as usual,

what does this pit think of the new madden?

btw, this is madden as in the american football game.
i like it. i like every madden game. and i liked how they included a song off era vulgaris and a hives song

Jack my swag
Now, yasee hurr, thiseer new John Madden game is seriuss when it comes to FOOTball! This game reayly knows howta entertain the player, and it does that, by being fun. Yesee, fun is the key to FOOTball games.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
Now, yasee hurr, thiseer new John Madden game is seriuss when it comes to FOOTball! This game reayly knows howta entertain the player, and it does that, by being fun. Yesee, fun is the key to FOOTball games.

it's just an update to a yearly franchize.
I really don't see why these are hyped up at all.
hell yeah, i like NCAA better but my game store was sold out when i went to get madden.

i think this madden sucks balls. it feels so different, and i guess they had a good idea going with the superstar icons but i just think it's dumb and gets in the way.

So far, the franchise mode sucks compared to last year's madden. and the superstar mode sucks as well.
i havent tried madden 08 for 360, but 07 and 06 were horrid on my xbox 360
if someone has played 08 for 360 and its good, can you tell me so i can get a good sports game
madden '95 ftw

breaking into the other teams huddles and making the ambulance pick up people. it dosnt get much better than that.
I have no gear worth mentioning

And my skills match my gear's worth

man....
EA is the worst gaming company in the world. they rush out their games as fast as possible while leaving in tons of bugs and ****ty gameplay glitches, and this game is no exception.

i would tell people not to buy their games, but since they are pretty much a monopoly theres no point
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by ep1kz
EA is the worst gaming company in the world. they rush out their games as fast as possible while leaving in tons of bugs and ****ty gameplay glitches, and this game is no exception.

i would tell people not to buy their games, but since they are pretty much a monopoly theres no point

Dude, I totally agree. They ****ed up Battlefield 2 like no other.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
ep1kz,

i agree with you completely on what you said, but hey when have you seen a videogame without a single tiny glitch or flaw?
It's great. There are way more features, including create-a-team, relocation and finances in owner mode, customizable rosters, and basically anything else that was in the last-gen versions of madden 06 and 07 but not in the next gen ones. The gameplay is much better, it's not easy to just air it out on every play like you could on 05, but you can't just run with LT or LJ and score a touchdown every play. In fact, I lost my first game 7-9. A realistic score in the NFL, but not so much in previous versions of madden, where I would commonly score 50 points by the end of the game. I haven't had much of a chance to play it since I got it yesterday, but those were my first impressions.
Quote by fenderdude06
ep1kz,

i agree with you completely on what you said, but hey when have you seen a videogame without a single tiny glitch or flaw?

well yes, humans arent perfect, games will always have tiny glitches and whatnot, but EA makes a point of rushing out their games to beat out other games on the market and leave in tons of unplayable glitches and terribly coded games. they ruined the battlefield series (theyd be great games if the servers didnt crash every 10-15 minutes) and command and conquer 3 is nearly unplayable online due to exploits and such.

theyd be great if it werent for them rushing the games so much
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
castlebravo,

i feel like the gameplay isnt as smooth as the last game at all, it feels somewhat lacking.

what system are you playing on?
My editors gave it good reviews. I'm gonna pick it up later this weekend.
Get off my lawn.
Quote by Castlebravo
It's great. There are way more features, including create-a-team, relocation and finances in owner mode, customizable rosters, and basically anything else that was in the last-gen versions of madden 06 and 07 but not in the next gen ones. The gameplay is much better, it's not easy to just air it out on every play like you could on 05, but you can't just run with LT or LJ and score a touchdown every play. In fact, I lost my first game 7-9. A realistic score in the NFL, but not so much in previous versions of madden, where I would commonly score 50 points by the end of the game. I haven't had much of a chance to play it since I got it yesterday, but those were my first impressions.

uuhhh create a team has been on madden for a long time now..same with owner mode, relocation and everything u mentioned to be new.
Call me Trey.
Quote by Mudvayne_LP
uuhhh create a team has been on madden for a long time now..same with owner mode, relocation and everything u mentioned to be new.

First year for those on 360 and ps3, just fyi.
Quote by ep1kz

I can say nothing wrong about EA because I am still basking in the awesomeness of the completely flawless MVP Baseball 2005
I really don't like it that much, but it's mostly because of the defensive gameplay. The new hit stick is kinda cool, but every time I wouldn't use it, my player would either dive for the tackle in the wrong direction that I was going, or the offense would magically break away mid-tackle, after which sent my player falling away from the player he was just in a tackle with onto his back.

My favorite part of the game was the Earl Greyhound has a track on it. I got to met them at Summerfest and they're some of the nicest people out there.

I'm hoping EA doesn't ruin Skate, since a lot of their games have really been letting me down lately.
Last edited by basketcase23 at Aug 15, 2007,
so far ive been pretty impressed with the new madden game. the graphics are good and so is the game play although im not very good with the hit stick and theres not many other tackling options so thats something ill have to get used to. one problem i have run into though is that i went into create a team and made my team and after i was finished i exited but later i decided i wanted to go in and edit my jerseys but i could not find a way to load my team for editing. the only way i could load it was for a game or to start a franchise. i assume im just being dumb and missing it because it seems like youd have to be able to edit self created teams but i cant figure out how.
has anyone else run into this problem or found a solution for it??

i also found it funny that with all the high def graphics and attention to detail that has become so critical it appears that they forgot to have a net behind the goal posts...
Quote by loganrocksabass

how can your girlfriend be in your band if she's in the kitchen?
Quote by ep1kz

They do the burnout series pretty well:]
Best racing game EVER
ya espn 2k5 with TO on the cover is way better than madden in my opinion, cuz it has better graphics, u can still tackle/break tackles better. madden just hasnt fulfilled me. idk it just feels...different, i own madden 98, espn 2k5, madden 06 and 07