Page 1 of 2
before you report me, this does not belong in the drug thread so stfu!

ok, i've done a few sadly and i dont ever want to again....but i recently joined an anti drug thing and if you are a teen what would get you to stop drinking/ useing drugs? i couldnt think of anything

one person came up with "drugs suck, eat candy"

but really, i need something cuz alcohol problems are big at my school and two of my friends died because their dad got too drunk, freaked out and killed them and his wife then himself... and i have other reasons to be against these but how can i get ppl to stop drinking/ drugging?
UG's HIPPIE
This might sound mean and I feel for your friends but you just can´t. Join a campaign or something.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
get a girlfriend that is against drugs that will get ur mind off of it. worked for me
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
My theory as to why people use drugs consist of; learning, and escaping reality. Fix mental problems and..voila!
For me, it was the insentive to become a productive member of society so I am getting my **** in gear and finishing high school! 3 years behind but I'm gonna do it!
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~
but really, i need something cuz alcohol problems are big at my school and two of my friends died because their dad got too drunk, freaked out and killed them and his wife then himself... and i have other reasons to be against these but how can i get ppl to stop drinking/ drugging?

oh god.......

Jack my swag
This is your brain on dissociatives.

*Picture of brain chillin' with hawaiian shirt and cocktail*
you can only stop if you want to stop if you don't want to be helped you can't be. I know it sounds harsh but usually the only thing that makes people want to quit is girls and jail.
show them the cat on lcd video
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
You can't stop them. People have used drugs since they've been discovered. It would be far more effective to educate and prevent abuse (which causes problems and death), rather than trying to stop use which is an impossible task, and has been proven countless times over in the last century.
I stopped smoking pot for a girl

No offense to your cause...but if it werent for her I'd have no problem with it.

But i never would abuse it....abuse is bad.

Safe use, not abuse....would be my slogan

...I fail at slogans
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
it's just a personal morals thing. that and who you hang around. but it's not really anything someone can be like LOOK AT THIS! DONT DO DRUGS DOODZ..

it just seems like people telling people not to do drugs or anything doesn't do much.
i've never done drugs, but that's just cause of my own personal morals and crap.
If I was perfectly at peace with myself and fully content with my life. There would be no need for recreational drug use or drug use for spiritual and self-healing purposes.

Otherwise, I'll keep living my life.

If people are finding drug / alcohol use to be a problem they need to reevaluate the reasons why they are doing it and examine the impact their habits are having on their lives and the lives of those around them.

Have to run now, but I'll hook you up with some resources later.
Honestly, i only drink and do drugs to self medicate/ escape reality. I hate to sound full of self pity or anything, but for me, drugs and alcohol have been the only thing that keeps me from suicidal thoughts. I mean, i have guitar and school and writing and a girlfriend and stuff, but it all gets too frustrating. Its just comforting to have a hobby that you know will make you feel different (no not necessarily better).

As far as i know, it would take a time machine for many people like me to not do these things.
Quote by bajeda
If I was perfectly at peace with myself and fully content with my life. There would be no need for recreational drug use or drug use for spiritual and self-healing purposes.

Otherwise, I'll keep living my life.

If people are finding drug / alcohol use to be a problem they need to reevaluate the reasons why they are doing it and examine the impact their habits are having on their lives and the lives of those around them.

Have to run now, but I'll hook you up with some resources later.

You are awesome.
I believe in Rock and Roll. Can I get an Amen?

Quote by rizo299
A drunk guy on the the bus asked me if i remembered the 60's. I told him i was 17 then he told me that everyone remembers the 60's.

I thought about it, and frankly, I couldn't fault his logic.
People take drugs because they're fun. I like amphetamines. Best 8 hours ever. People drink because it gets them laid. I ****ing hate those people. Drinking is dumb. Speed FTW.
try to get random drug testing installed in your school. People would be too scared to do anything.

Unless you just so happen to go to Hazelwood West High School, in which case lets not do that.... because i

Drugs are never a purely good thing. There is always something bad that you are getting from your drug of choice. You may feel great, but you're getting addicted and/or ruining your body. And when you try to quit, it'll be hell. My dad's been smoking his whole life, and he wakes up every morning and feels all the worse for it.

I agree w/ bajeda, he's totally right. Drugs aren't a reason to live, and they definately should be a reason to not live (I.e, forsaking your friends for them). I'm sure that there are ways that you can both do drugs and be a productive, happy person, but you need to focus on making people realize that there are better, healthier, and even easier ways to enjoy life.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
If your trying to find an anti drugs slogan, think along the lines of saving money if you don't do it. Cost is a big factor especially when it comes to young drug users. Me included.

Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Laney VC15
Boss DS-1
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
But there are some drugs with minimal negative side effects and very positive highs. Marijuana, for example, is not a harmful drug. Far less harmful than alcohol or cigarettes. Yet it remains illegal. Most drug users (mostly those who go beyond just smoking pot) end up being assholes and junkies looking for a fix and always feeling the need to get high. But there are those people out there who take drugs occasionally just for recreation who suffer no real consequences. That being said, most people who try to make that argument for moderate, safe drug use are just druggies themselves and also annoying assholes. Whatever...I still like speed.
go to FYE or your local music store and pick up a Minor Threat album.

listen to the lyrics.

then try to learn how to play all the songs on the album.
Le Parkour.

Any fellow Traceurs PM me!
Quote by xmattyx
go to FYE or your local music store and pick up a Minor Threat album.

listen to the lyrics.

then try to learn how to play all the songs on the album.

Straight edgers are such ignorant douche bags. It's not what the band was about.
As people have said, if you dont want to change nothing/ no one is going to make you change. The harder you push someone to quit who doesnt want to the more they will resist and fall deeper into the "problem." I'm not saying drug use is a problem because i myself enjoy the days of my life i have wasted getting well... wasted.

The only thing i can say to help you would be. Be encouraging no matter what the decision, show them a better way without drugs, or not necessarily better but a different but also enjoyable way.

OR!

pass out as many drugs as you can. and once everyone has become addicted and is willing to do jsut about anything for a hit. THen they will realize how much better life was without drugs.

the decision is up to you.
I LIKE Josh Klinghoffer

"Mr. Lippman of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join."

Frusciante for President in '08
Quote by Zardokk
Straight edgers are such ignorant douche bags. It's not what the band was about.

im saying that the band puts down drugs and alcohol and taking the time to learn to play all the songs will keep your mind off drugs and alcohol. confide in something else and guitar is an excellent means of doing so.
Le Parkour.

Any fellow Traceurs PM me!
Quote by Alicee
"Friends Don't Let Friends Kill Their Wife and Kids."

HAHAHAHAHAHA.
gabbieRAMONE <3
she's a renegade princess.

"I guess I can go anywhere I want. If only I knew where to go." -layne thomas staley.
use this ,"Alchohol makes you mad, But weed makes you glad" it's late
C2B3
Colnel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains

Quote by larry jones
I don't put people's quotes in my sig, but this would go there if I did.
Last edited by human-blasphamy at Aug 16, 2007,
Quote by riffmasterjosh
get a girlfriend that is against drugs that will get ur mind off of it. worked for me

^ Then Have sex with her,
protected sex of course,
be responsible kids.
Quote by Electric Ocean
You can't stop them. People have used drugs since they've been discovered. It would be far more effective to educate and prevent abuse (which causes problems and death), rather than trying to stop use which is an impossible task, and has been proven countless times over in the last century.

indeed

threadstarter: nothing you could say or write on a colourful poster would stop me from using drugs. kthx.
from daylight...
...into darkness
it seems people think that im trying to find a slogan or something, thanks but no thanks....
ok last year my school did this thing against drunk driving that hit everyone hard:

they took a car that went through a roll over accident from a drunk driver and then thy put it in my schools parking lot and put some of our students in the car then they spilled fake blood and sh** all over and they were crying and then they had they fire department come over and it showed how long your gonna be sitting in your car bleeding to death before you can get help, sepcially on a country road where there arent many people..... and then a few days later our super intendent called us all to the caf. and told us that this girl in my class was in a car wreck the night before (i think because of drunk driving) i thought it was another mock-crash but then the next day she didnt come to school and the next day and the next day and then i talked to her sister about it and that shi* was real!! and she barely lived...
i want something like that only against alcohol....i dont have a problem with people who drink, i have a problem that every weekend all my friends go out and drink till they pass out. theres only a few people that do drugs in my school and thats mary jane witch i've never heard of anyone dieing from weed....and then they only do it occasionally, so i just want ppl to know that drinking sucks.... honestly, theres no point cept to get laid, and theres better ways to do that

thanks for the help so far

-Dr. Goo-
UG's HIPPIE
well what my dad would say to stop me from drinking would go like this

"stop drinking or were sending you to military school"
how about "dont do drugs... smoke pot"
seriously tho, i hate to tell you but there is NOTHing u can do or say to make ppl stop getting ****ed up. i dont think its even your right to try and convince people not to do drugs... its one of my favorite things to do and its my choice if i do or dont. i would say... if you dont want to do drugs then dont, but campaigning against its' just gonna piss people off. im not one for giving up, but theres nothing u can do buddy.
If you're not a raging schizophrenic then there's nothing wrong with weed now and then, it's not gonna make you freak out and kill your family, but if your trying to ban heroin or coke or something then it's gonna take a good persuading to get them off it.

Have I missed the the thread point entirely?
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
My parents did it like this: "Do drugs and we'll have you spend time with Mr Brian Peppers and then kill you".

And I'm clean even if it is legal here.
sadly you cant, nothing can stop me except myself. dont even try to get people to stop. its like trying to stop a dog from taking a ****. BUT, i do agree that people should be aware of drug abuse. LONG LIVE MARY JANE!!!!!
I used to smoke weed. Do I even rate to be a former drug user?
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
Quote by Alicee
"Friends Don't Let Friends Kill Their Wife and Kids."

Sooo mean.....but sooo win
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
come to think of it. why is it anyones buisness what the hell i, or anyone else decides to do with our lives... worry about yourselfs. people piss me off when they tell me to stop smokin pot . theres nothing wrong with it and if there is it doesnt matter. its not harmfull enough that people should care. herion, coke, and the rest of the big ones are different because then people should be concerned for your sake. LEGALISE WEED DAMMIT !
Page 1 of 2