Hey all. I am in a bind. I can either get a Fender 72 deluxe reissue, new, for 580. -or- a Schecter Tempest Custom for about 400.

Ive heard the 72 deluxe has a very wide ncked and my hands aren't that big so that is my concern there.

thank you for responding.
I havent had a great experience with schecters quality wise so Id say fender..

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
There's nothing wrong with Schecters quality wise. I own a Tempest Custom, and it is awesome. Mine's built strong, and handles well...and I have small hands.

For the money, go with the Schecter. My only suggestion is, switch out the pups with something better down the road. The Duncan Designs are alright, don't get me wrong. But when I put my Texas BBQs in, the guitar sounded about $1000 better.
Quote by OtisB Driftwood
David Hassolhoff Is the god of death metal

Quote by Kantroce
What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

My gear
Schecter Tempest Custom
Peavey VK112
Fulltone OCD
Line 6 Verbzilla
Line 6 DL-4
Xotic Effects AC Boost
Rocktron Tri-Wah
Quote by Mobius Man
There's nothing wrong with Schecters quality wise. I own a Tempest Custom, and it is awesome. Mine's built strong, and handles well...and I have small hands.

For the money, go with the Schecter. My only suggestion is, switch out the pups with something better down the road. The Duncan Designs are alright, don't get me wrong. But when I put my Texas BBQs in, the guitar sounded about $1000 better.

BBQ's tasty make sure you use Tony Roma's BBQ sauce its the ****!