Poll: Which is harder
Poll Options
View poll results: Which is harder
The Chick
16 39%
The Bandmate
25 61%
Voters: 41.
breaking up with a chick when you intend on still being friends, or kicking out a bandmate for a negative aspect they are completely oblivious to (ie, there not cool with it)

i realized they are very similar, i just wanted to see how the pit feels
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Wow, the rape wagon. The wagon sounds like the best wagon in town
the bandmate thing. chicks can get over it, but an ex bandmate might hold a grudge
Senor Frandango of Taco Cult PM Swordsrkewl to join

Quote by Diet_coke_head
I keep a plunger in my bathroom...my insperation usually clogs the toilet.
neither. under each circumstance, the answer for me is simply, "we're done, bitch!"
If your wiener is happy, then you're happy.
Quote by mr.frandy
the bandmate thing. chicks can get over it, but an ex bandmate might hold a grudge

Yea and then go make a band better than yours, get it?
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
If you don't like the bandmate and you're never gonna see him again that'd be the obvious choice, it's easy to be a dick to people you're never gonna see again, but if you're saying they're similar then that's probably not the case..
founding member of the Bill Bailey fan club (assuming there isn't already one)

proudly not an overly proud vegetarian
SH!T. I ment to put the chick. If my bandmate is being a dick then screw him. So...I messed up the poll
The bandmate. Because when you kick him off the band, you're basically telling him that he sucks at what he does, which is a very bad feeling.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Breaking up with chick you intend to still be friends with...
Its quite literally almost impossible!!!

Just been there. Tried it, tried everything, didn't work... had to eventually completely get out of each others life...

And bout bandmate, you can always tell him he needs a bit more work on his music skills before he can get along with the band... Not being rude to him. Just telling him he's not fitting well in the band cuz he's not really upto the level of the other members of the band. He needs to work more on his music before he can fit in properly. Be nice and supportive... sorta...
Last edited by af_the_fragile at Aug 15, 2007,
i broke up with a chick intending to still be friends. we hung out numerous times ater.

but then we got back togethere 2 days ago
Member of the Guitarists Born in 1990 Club. PM Gibson_God11 to join

Member of the I have every metallica album and I love it!
club. PM BDR_23 to join

www.myspace.com/shepherdjoe

X
Quote by metvettefreak
i broke up with a chick intending to still be friends. we hung out numerous times ater.

but then we got back togethere 2 days ago

Its impossible when she starts dating this other dude right next day of the break up and tells you she has just used him to "bounce back" on...

Then any sorta future of any kind is bleak and pretty much non-existent....
i've broke up with a chick with the intention of staying friends and it worked. we were actually still pretty close until she moved. i've also had to kick out a bandmate(although he'll tell u he quit)but he was just immature. depending on who the person is ur kicking out, like if they're immature, they'll b complete dicks about it. if they are mature, they'll b cool with it.
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
when i said intend to be friends after, i meant it like if you make the break up try to work to be that way, successful or not doesn't mean that much, because breaking up with a chick and being friends is damn tough, so it would be the obvious choice in that case

this is pretty close, im excited
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Wow, the rape wagon. The wagon sounds like the best wagon in town
bandmate, i won't break up with a chick unless shes a tramp. If she is, then it's too simple to call her a ***** and watch her run off crying calling me an asshole.

Bandmates are like family.
Quote by somethingcool76
when i said intend to be friends after, i meant it like if you make the break up try to work to be that way, successful or not doesn't mean that much, because breaking up with a chick and being friends is damn tough, so it would be the obvious choice in that case

this is pretty close, im excited

Its possible to stay friends if you both move on fast... or if she still treats you the same way.
Although if you don't move on quickly, or if one person moves on and the other is struggling, its becomes impossible.
You can't stay friends with someone from whom you want more than friendship.

And usually even if you both manage to stick onto eachother as friends, you're just pushing it....

Its only when you both still have feelings for eachother and have not moved on, you can stay friends in which case, you'll get back into a relationship pretty soon again.

And bandmates are always expendable.... You can't compare a band with a relationship.
Although it is quite similar in ways... but its also a lot different in many ways...
Last edited by af_the_fragile at Aug 15, 2007,