I know there's a singing tips thread, but it's not helping me out at the moment and i'm not up for waiting around right now. I can sing with a relatively huge range, but one some day my voice is just plain out shaky at times. How can i smooth this out?
your voice is like a muscle, exercise it.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
practice
Quote by dunkelblau

Dear Stoner Stone,
I have found in reading this post that you are lacking the intelligence of a normal person.
you need serious help, possibly involving a screwdriver, and a large piece of wood.
please, be deceased now.
thank you

Is that really all there is to it? Would excessive exercise be what's putting it shaky at times? Like that it's becoming tired maybe?
Practice.
Drink plenty of water.
Drink more water.
Don't consume dairy products, soda, or anything sugary.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Practice, don't consume dairy or caffeine things, etc.
Quote by Mauri_wario
I would indeed "fap that thaing", but my dog is looking at me and it feels highly iinappropriate.
Quote by tbsff_7
good luck with that! if the world have a nuclear war 3 things would survive; cockroaches, twinkies, and boss pedals
ugh i have the same problom except i think i just flat out stink at singing and i cant give up soda lol excpecialy not for water i hate water
Quote by xsv434
ugh i have the same problom except i think i just flat out stink at singing and i cant give up soda lol excpecialy not for water i hate water

Tea is the next best thing. If you can't at least do that, don't even attempt to sing.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
what about juice?? dang thats sugary. i like iced tea would that work? except thats sweetend
Quote by xsv434
what about juice?? dang thats sugary. i like iced tea would that work? except thats sweetend

I used to drink Iced Tea at practice, yet it never hindered my voice. I'd say go for it, and if it doesn't work, drink something else.
Quote by MuffinMan
lol i dont know what my voice sounds like when its good for all i know i suck at singing just the soda think kind amade me think thats why my voice kinda fades out every now and then
Quote by xsv434
lol i dont know what my voice sounds like when its good for all i know i suck at singing just the soda think kind amade me think thats why my voice kinda fades out every now and then

Well, you may just not know how to control your voice. Soda makes your voice go to shit. Drinking something else will definitely improve your singing. Also, refer to the Vocal Thread in Musician's Talk. They will probably help more than I will.
Quote by MuffinMan
Why is this in the pit?
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
Semen...

lots and lots of it.

and maybe music lessons. but mainly semen
I LIKE Josh Klinghoffer

"Mr. Lippman of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join."

Frusciante for President in '08
Quote by Slim_bob.Billy
Semen...

lots and lots of it.

and maybe music lessons. but mainly semen

Warnings are good for the vocals, too.
Quote by MuffinMan
Have you tried doing a barell roll?
Serioulsly though, do exercises with your voice, like scales and ****, and also, drink tea, warm tea.
i just have a terrible voice, thats why i play guitar in my band, and im the guy that goes 'ONE TWO THREE FOUR!!!' at the top of my lungs :P
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.