Yea, I know. This is my 3rd one. Yea I know, there are already several of these. But my price range is only 400-500 at the MOST. A FR is wanted, but other than that I dont know what to get really. I am kinda new. This has to be a guitar I can buy from the store, or have them easily order, because I am doing a trade in+ cash.I dont know what are good woods/pick ups for hairmetal and stuff, or 80's rock, or classic rock, Van Halen Motley Crue Aerosmith, Twisted Sister, and stuff like that. The problem is I do like/love hardcore stuff, but it is not my faveorite, but I would like it to sound good with light distortion defianately, good cleans, and at least decent with mass dist. I would also like most inlays other than skulls or dots, but I would deffinatley take dots if it was a good guitar.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
i have an ibanez rg 320 i think it was like $450-$500 and in my opinion its perfect for the kind of music you wanna play.
all hail dimebag

92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if your the 8% that listens to real music.
Some kind of super-strat would do you fine. Find one in the used market. If you're able to find a guitar shop that sells a lot of used super-strats from the 80s, I think you'll like em. Ibanez Proline, Fender HM Strats, and Charvel Model 4 guitars are just a few of the great guitars of that era.
info on inlays, pick ups, and FR?

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Kirk Hammett's signature LTD model is suprisingly nice and in that price range. However, I'd really reccomend spending about $650 (haggled down price) on a Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR. They usually have it with a fixed bridge in Guitar Center, and it comes with EMG 81-85 pickups and is neck-thru construction. Very nice sustain, and sick lead tone pumped out of the 81.
hellraiser will be next april, I build myself up here.

humbuckers are good pickups for hair metal, heavy metal, etc
all hail dimebag

92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if your the 8% that listens to real music.
and a good guitar with humbuckers and a FR for 500 is....

dont want an rg320 tho, people say great "deathmeta" guitar with a crappy trem.

Quote by Pinky19
info on inlays, pick ups, and FR?

Floyd Rose, yes. Pickups are humbucking and single coil. They might not be high output enough for modern music but definitely can do the vintage sound well.

I don't know why you give a **** about inlays though. If you wanted a nicer guitar, then you should've brought a bigger wallet.

If you want an 80s sound, then get a guitar from the 80s. I think it's pretty logical.
Last edited by felenoral at Aug 16, 2007,
Quote by Pinky19
dont want an rg320 tho, people say great "deathmeta" guitar with a crappy trem.

Good Trems usually are Made in Japan for Ibanez.
Quote by felenoral

If you want an 80s sound, then get a guitar from the 80s. I think it's pretty logical.

makes sense to me.

probably wouldnt be too expensive either.
Ibanez RG550, infact any old ibanez or a charvel

PSN ID: ArranP
Quote by staticoverdub
makes sense to me.

probably wouldnt be too expensive either.

yea it will. unless u buy used from ebay
oh and if u want an 80s sound, it'd be alot better to get an amp rather than guitar. u might be able to find a used jcm 800 on ebay for that price if ur lucky, or a jcm 900.
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
I said I have to be able to get at a store, new!

Here are the cheap options. Both looks badass

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG2EX1-Electric-Guitar?sku=518871

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Damien-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=513103

Great pickup and Inlay work. But you might want to change the bridge once you have the money. What you can do is, sell the bridge on the guitar and get a used OFR. That will cost no more than $50 to replace.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

people said schecters=bad for hairmetal, but ty.

Quote by Pinky19

What's wrong with in store, used?

And don't get the RG350DX. It has the infamous Edge III trem.
awww i liked the ibanez... oh well. Inlays are not a must. That is the least thing. The dots are just fine, but I get tired of them.

Edge III should be alright when its new. Ive got a RG370 with the same bridge for 2 years. It hasn't been a problem for me so far.

You can always replace the bridge. Won't cost that much. I must say, maple neck + Black Inlay = the sex!

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

The Ibanez RG370DP.. Is perfect for those hard rock tones
-musiciansfriend.com
I can always get a pickup change, ya know... if that helps.

EDIT: I will take off ebay, so what type of Kramer with wat pick ups?

Last edited by Pinky19 at Aug 16, 2007,
Quote by Pinky19

well if ur very lucky u can get a jcm 900 in store new.. i saw a 5150 in a large guitarcenter-like store
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
ibanez rg5ex1. http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_ibanez_rg5ex1_electric_guitar?full_sku=103574026
this guitar can handle all times of metal.has a hsh setup for versatility. 3 piece maple thin neck great for shred. pretty light weight has shark tooth inlays and a nice satin finish all for 400 bucks and a floyd rose. is my third guitar now
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join
Yay!

Vintage Kramer Baretta, you can find one in your price range.

AWESOME guitars.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
thanks, but I think I am gonna get am amp instead, cuz I only have a MicroCube. Anysuggestions?

The before mentioned JCM 800 is good as is a used Peavy 5150 or 6560.
As for guitar a Charvel Model 4 or a Kramer Barreta is good and cheap off Ebay or a used guitar store. The best pickup for 80's hairmetal is the Dimarzio Super Distortion IMO because thats what they were all using back then.
Quote by XibanezedgeX
The before mentioned JCM 800 is good as is a used Peavy 5150 or 6560.
As for guitar a Charvel Model 4 or a Kramer Barreta is good and cheap off Ebay or a used guitar store. The best pickup for 80's hairmetal is the Dimarzio Super Distortion IMO because thats what they were all using back then.

The man speaks sense...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by troyponce
Kirk Hammett's signature LTD model is suprisingly nice and in that price range. However, I'd really reccomend spending about $650 (haggled down price) on a Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR. They usually have it with a fixed bridge in Guitar Center, and it comes with EMG 81-85 pickups and is neck-thru construction. Very nice sustain, and sick lead tone pumped out of the 81.

actually the hellraiser is only a set in neck, schecter did a nice job though of bringing the neck into the guitar making it feel like it was a neck-through.