Im thinking of building an electric guitar, Im able to get my hands on some high quality maple for free, I was wondering if it would be any good for a solid body electric?
maple is usually used for tops, get you a nice chunk of mahogany and you could get somthing nice goin on there
Wanna send me some of that free maple?
Maple is fine for a guitar body. It sounds a lot brighter than other woods, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
-VOTE HERE-
[x ] ROOSEVELT

[x ] WILSON
I read that it makes it duller and flatter? Ill be putting powerfull gibson humbuckers in it, if that helps at all
i made a solid maple body and i love it, pretty heavy though. it would be fine to make a body out of
cool, what about the neck? would it work for that as well? and does anyone know the price of phase controls for guitar? cause I wanna have built in phase controls on it
Maple's good for everything, I'm currently working on one with a maple body/neck and a cherry top. And for phase controls all you need is a DPDT switch, which'll run you all of $1.50.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
sweet, there isnt a reverb switch is there? Id like to have reverb boost in my guitar, if it exists( I can create some trppy sounds with heavy reverb and a rythem pickup), and Ive heard of distortion circuts in guitars, how expensive is that ?
I saw some effects to build in for 55$, and you got like one thing just a bit larger then a potmeter which had 5 sounds/effects.
You could also try to build in a pedal, they're kinda biggish tough, trying to build in one myself.
Guitasr:
Cort KX-Custom
ESP LTD M-200FM
Amp:
Engl Powerball
Misc:
Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
go to guitar fetish under modboards
i don't think there's a reverb though
and if you wanted overdrive there's this thing on stewmac called the black ice that you just put instead of a capicitor on the tone pot and turns the tone control to od
The black ice is a rip off, it's just two clipping diodes.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!