Agaain sorry if this isnt the right spot to post this, i had a question that hasnt been answered yet.

I dont know the difference with EMG Pickups and Regular pickups, or non-EMGs. Because I normally see EMGs on guitars used by Metal players. Does it give more crunch or something?

And please dont tell me that they "Sound Better" I want to know the difference. Thanks!
What I don't get is, why would people recommend EMG's for solid state amps? My stock humbucker in my Cort was enough to make (formerly)my FM 212R clip.

Oh, and to TS's sig, Don't even bother saving for an MG.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by georgemccupcake
higher output mainly

EMGs actually have a relatively low output, but the signal is considerably cleaner. Having a noise-free output lends itself well to high gain applications, and pushing through a long effects chain, without losing signal strength. They're also harmonically rich, and do sound the part for metal. You'll have a hard time getting anything other than a metal tone out of them, but it IS possible.
cool u have a cort me too lol cort is such a small un-famous brand lol
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Quote by -MintSauce-
EMGs actually have a relatively low output, but the signal is considerably cleaner. Having a noise-free output lends itself well to high gain applications, and pushing through a long effects chain, without losing signal strength. They're also harmonically rich, and do sound the part for metal. You'll have a hard time getting anything other than a metal tone out of them, but it IS possible.

I think David Gilmour uses EMG's for exactly that reason.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi