my band got into a local battle of the bands, this is my first year playing it, but i have gone to watch for the last 2 years. the battle is in an ampetheater, and it usually gets fairly crowded, but nobody likes to stand up to watch the band. anyway, everytime i watch the battle, i notice how much room ppl have up on stage, and it kinda freaks me out b/c im used to small cramped spaces, and im good at working with more things around me. soo i thought id clutter up the stage a little bit.

i was thinking maybe i could rent/borrow a bunch of halfstacks and just place them by my amp behind me n make a row or a wall. but i dunno, anybody have any idea as to how i might be able to make a bigger stage seem smaller?
well, not rent, thatd cost too much money, prolly just borrow a bunch from my best bud, he seriously has tons lying around from his old bands (he collects). and ya, theyd pretty much b ornaments....
Run around a lot.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
My only advice is to not take Battle of the Bands too seriously because they are usually a joke themselves and are more rigged than a sailboat.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
Battle of the bands are fun, but nobody takes them seriously. Just go onstage, play, and have fun.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Last edited by element4433 at Aug 18, 2007,
Quote by Dutch_Apples
My only advice is to not take Battle of the Bands too seriously because they are usually a joke themselves and are more rigged than a sailboat.
So true worst bands always win and the ****ty bands that have a bunch of friends in the crowd seem to always make it to the finals
There was a battle of bands at my college last year where some of the judges were wearing the T-shirt of the band that won DURING the show. Anything fishy with that!?
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
yeah, battle of the bands isnt all that serious, i would just use it to help promote ur band a little, but dont give a long speech, just introduce ur self if the judges or the host hasnt play and act natural. you'll know what to do once you get on stage
How do you expect your shipment of cabs to arrive without a UPS truck carrying them for you?
"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start..."
Charles Bukowski
As soon as you get on the stage, grab the microphone, announce your name, and play the Godfather theme. Slash does it.
Quote by sizzlenetsteve
i notice how much room ppl have up on stage, and it kinda freaks me out b/c im used to small cramped spaces, and im good at working with more things around me. soo i thought id clutter up the stage a little bit.

I don't think a large stage is a problem at all I think it's better. I think the problem is that you're used to small stages. My advice to you is to really use your space to move around more. Like how Mick Jagger really uses the large Rolling Stones stage sort of thing.

I suppose though if you're really set on putting more stuff on stage I would advise using something unusual like a garden gnome and then finding a way to incorporate it into your show. So that it adds to the show, not so that it's there for the sake for having something.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
if it really bugs you, stands close together onstage.
Mr. Allan wrote:
This is like saying you're not allowed to jerk off over the girl next door unless you have a license and written permission from her. Which, of course, is bullsh*t
Quote by rizo299
You will loose any battle of the bands if you're not well known in the local music scene.

Just the way it is.

thats kind of harsh to say in my opinion. i have seen a band full of high school freshman win a battle and they had just got together, it was their first show. i think it all matters who gets the most fans to the show.
and ya, we have been gigging alot lately at places with bigger stages, and im doin pretty well, im getting more used to the bigger stages. i find that it allows me to put on a better show. alot of people say im really dramatic onstage (falling down and playing laying down and stuff), but it makes the crowd go wild, so i like it.
Quote by sizzlenetsteve
my band got into a local battle of the bands, this is my first year playing it, but i have gone to watch for the last 2 years. the battle is in an ampetheater, and it usually gets fairly crowded, but nobody likes to stand up to watch the band. anyway, everytime i watch the battle, i notice how much room ppl have up on stage, and it kinda freaks me out b/c im used to small cramped spaces, and im good at working with more things around me. soo i thought id clutter up the stage a little bit.

i was thinking maybe i could rent/borrow a bunch of halfstacks and just place them by my amp behind me n make a row or a wall. but i dunno, anybody have any idea as to how i might be able to make a bigger stage seem smaller?

Are you agoraphobic?
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
Or you could pull some cool stunts on stage if you have room for it. Run around a lot, get another band member to follow you and sort of 'spotlight' the stage. Idonno, I do things as an "on the moment" basis.

Just mess around with the space. If you have it, use it.
Quote by Gnome Dazzle
As soon as you get on the stage, grab the microphone, announce your name, and play the Godfather theme. Slash does it.

I was just listening to that on YouTube. o_O

Just have a lot of stage presence. Jump around. Run around. Act stupid. Headbang like you've never headbanged before. Crawl around. Do strange things with your guitar.

If you've got a big stage, it's time to BE big.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Best way to get the crowd on your side: Cry.

Hey, it worked for MJ and Prince!
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you